OT: Winch for a Jimny?

simon_s

I know its not a landie... :rolleyes:

Need to get a winch for the front of my jimny with the main use being recovery work and possible clubmans level challenge stuff. It needs to be one with a moveable solenoid box, not a 'bridge-over' style one. I'm currently leaning towards a superwinch ep9, but not towards the price of one... :unsure:

If anyone has any suggestions of something similar but maybe cheaper it'd be apprieciated. I'll probably be fitting plasma, if that makes a difference.

Cheers!

Have a piccie:

post-610-1183660470_thumb.jpg

I don't think there is much that is cheaper than the EP's, at least not anything worth having. Also I understand they have the brake on the end of the drum which is better for plasma, other cheapo winches may have the brakes in the drum. Second hand EP perhaps?

Never seen a Jimmininny with a cage before, that must be something of a niche market :)

Cheers for the response guys. To be honest, I'm probably going to go for an Ep, just wondered if anything else was around...

As for Jimnys, there's quite a few getting modded at the mo. I've seen quite a few that have been truck cabbed, looks mint, and I know Rob at Rubber Suzuki has/had one on Toy axles with lockers, simexs, 8274's etc. They are very capable off road, only slightl lacking in gearing and a bit down on power...

Have to say I dont like the M8000 - I have one on the back of my truck, and quite simply the drum isnt big enough!

My choice would be an 8274. Ok its probably a bit overkill for the front of a suzuki, but they're the best thing about IMHO and the drum is nice and large!

Otherwise I'd look for anything Warn and 2nd hand as you cant really go wrong with them and you can get any parts you need easily enough!

Jon

8274 won't fit the bumper... Plus after having seen one being used for recovering a vehicle along with an Ep9, the Ep9 is much more controllable. No where near as much overun. I'm not going to be doing anything too extreme so don't really need a competition speed winch..

8274 won't fit the bumper... Plus after having seen one being used for recovering a vehicle along with an Ep9, the Ep9 is much more controllable. No where near as much overun. I'm not going to be doing anything too extreme so don't really need a competition speed winch..

Go for the EP9 they are good value for money and in my opinion far better than any Low line Warn winch.