adjustable panhard rod

rejo

Hello Divister,

Dried out yet?

Been the toilet lately?, I dare'nt in case I get pushed around and bullied while i'm in there, me Mum used to tell me watch out for strange men when I'm in the toilet but she never mentioned "driving Landrovers".

Hello Divister,

Dried out yet?

Been the toilet lately?, I dare'nt in case I get pushed around and bullied while i'm in there, me Mum used to tell me watch out for strange men when I'm in the toilet but she never mentioned "driving Landrovers".

Oi.... I've managed to keep that quiet so far :lol::lol::lol:

Why do you need an adjustable Panhard rod ??

mike

To align the front axle left-right after a spring lift. ;)

As the axle moves down (larger springs tend to have this effect) a standard Panhard Rod pulls the axle towards the driverside, by increasing the length the axle remains in the middle of the chassis. To make sure you have the exact length, an adjustable version can be set up depending on the exact lift and overall geometrie.

To align the front axle left-right after a spring lift. ;)

As the axle moves down (larger springs tend to have this effect) a standard Panhard Rod pulls the axle towards the driverside, by increasing the length the axle remains in the middle of the chassis. To make sure you have the exact length, an adjustable version can be set up depending on the exact lift and overall geometrie.

On a two inch lift 0.8mm is require to bring the Panhard rod back to length. That's taken up in production tolerances [sp]

Somebody worked it out for me a couple of years ago.

Yes I was suprised to find it was so little.

The axle is generally off set to one side in any case :D

mike

On a two inch lift 0.8mm is require to bring the Panhard rod back to length. That's taken up in production tolerances [sp]

Somebody worked it out for me a couple of years ago.

Yes I was suprised to find it was so little.

The axle is generally off set to one side in any case :D

mike

I have a 4" lift and the difference in length isn't much either (few mm), but yet the misalignment is obvious.

When it's adjustable you at least have the opportunity to fine-tune it and compensate for production tolerances. ;)

I have a 4" lift and the difference in length isn't much either (few mm), but yet the misalignment is obvious.

When it's adjustable you at least have the opportunity to fine-tune it and compensate for production tolerances. ;)

When I lifted my 90 4" it threw the panhard rod out by nearl 10mm , So I made my own using a rose joint on the axle end , 12 months later its still fine .

Also have cut and sleeved a couple using CDS tubing.

post-1171-1184949235_thumb.jpg

if you have lots of lift - you really need a longer panhard rod to keep the axle in the right place under the truck, otherwise it sits slightly off center.....

I have seen and been in rejo's Disco and it certainly has lots of lift! He frightened me by going round a sharp corner at speed. My Defender would have rolled over but in his Disco we remained upright and in one piece!