2007 90

hi there ... my 2007 defender was collected in the storms last friday - quite a baptism for it! - braving the flooded roads to rescue the wife from the gridlocked M5 motorway...

2007 Defender 90 county hardtop with Air con, abs/traction, heated seats/screen, freestyle alloys/antiroll bars

I am now busy attending to the bits that Landrover always seem to forget.....

sound deadening, intermittant rear wiper, wheel arch protectors, rustproofing, heated mirrors, high level brake light, windows that work on 'accessory' position etc etc etc etc....

What did it replace?..

well, it hasnt yet [ADVERT] - but will be selling the 2002 TD5 defender which has the same spec [only without the transit engine/gearbox, obviously]

post-3544-1185401980_thumb.jpg

post-3544-1185402210_thumb.jpg

They all creeping out the woodwork now :D ,

another mine mine in Carins :) also interested in the "arch protectors" ??

Can you , when done, do a post on the windows/intermittant rear wiper, mods !!

By the way, the alloys are "boost" type not freestyle !!

Nice motor,

ARe the prtoctors like the one's I used to have on my Granada and Capri, an edge protrctor that pushes on similar to a door seal but of harder more weather resistant material?

Which sound deadening are you going for, off road friendly on road use only?

look forward to seeing a picture as it gets "modded"

I'm curious about these wheelarch protectors too. I take it the accessory position refers to the ignition switch?

hi chaps....

sorry for the delay - I been out earning a living allday!

yeh yeh. alright, they are BOOST alloys not freestyle! :wacko:

The wheel arch protectors are my own design, made out of chopped up lorry mudflaps [the anti-spray style]...

I HATE the way, otherwise, that all the c*** gets thrown up inside the rear wheel arches .. and up over the outrigger behind the front wheel....

SO..... I fashion them up to fit inside the body/wheelbox. not a big job, honest!

yes, the accessory position refers to the ignition switch - in my opinion, it is b****y annoying, otherwise, that you have to have the ignition on to lower or raise windows...

oh, and me being cheapskate , I just go down the breakers and get a wiper delay box-thingy from something like an old rover - then splice it in to the wiring in the rear door - piece of p**** really......

the high level brake light is a freelander one, mounted on the panel above the rear door - kinda COOL 'cos its angled to miss the rear wash jet, and says "landrover" :)......... BUT yes, you are correct, the wiring loom has the connection already, behind the RH lamps - so I just splice into that...

sound deadening - its a mixture of commercially bought and, again, my own design - I do lots road mileage AND fair amount off-road in connection with motorsport organisation ..

Guest dew110CSW

As I said before, you're only jelous due to your lack of length :P

Compensating for something Mo? ;):lol:

Nice truck BTW - When do you get the rest to make it into a true one?

As I said before, you're only jelous due to your lack of length :P

Compensating for something Mo? ;):lol:

Nice truck BTW - When do you get the rest to make it into a true one?

Yes, I admit it :) It's so big that I had to buy a little land rover to make me feel more normal.

Mo