Roof tent - seen one of these before?

GBMUD

Ref. Ebay item number 230159086629

I have seen folding rooftop tents on Ebay, are they as good as the picture looks or are they more likely to be toytown rubbish? I think I know the answer to this but just wondered if anyone has any experience.

TIA

Chris

Ref. Ebay item number 230159086629

I have seen folding rooftop tents on Ebay, are they as good as the picture looks or are they more likely to be toytown rubbish? I think I know the answer to this but just wondered if anyone has any experience.

TIA

Chris

Er Chris, I don't like to say this but are you sure it will fit on your Quad bike because I'm not so sure................ :unsure:

It's an interesting point. We have been thinking about making a trailer tent for a little while, and intended to put a roof tent on top. Unfortunately, with Mrs. TM not working at the moment, finances are rather tight. Over the last couple of days, we have been discussing how to make a trailer tent a little more cost effectively. We have come to the conclusion that we will use a Sankey trailer with doors cut in the sides to allow access to bits and bobs, with a marine ply box on top. The top of which will unclip to become a table, the sides and bottom of which will hold a dome type tent. When travelling, the tent poles can be released, and the top put back on - without removing the bedding inside. I reckon that we can make a pretty nice job of it. If in the future, finances ease up a bit, we can modify it or start again, using the knowledge gained with this one. Now to buy a Sankey.....

The reason that I haven't done this before is that there wasn't enough room on the drive. Last weekend, the next door neighbor had a shout at my wife for something or other. Now I don't care if the front looks untidy - stuff him.....