Right I have just received the following from Land Rover

Dear Mr ....

Thank you for your email which has been passed to me for my attention

and reply.

I have looked into your concerns surrounding the application of waxoyl

to your vehicle I can advise you that the release of the Defender 2007

has provided Land Rover with the opportunity to improve product &

processes wherever possible. In line with this there has been an

amendment to the application of under body wax.

This treatment was originally designed to provide short term protection

during delivery. From 1999 onwards corrosion protection for the chassis

frame & fixings has been subject to a number of upgrades. Improvements

to the paint process have further enhanced corrosion protection for the

chassis area.

As a result the blanket under body wax application is no longer

required. The under body wax process continues but now targets the

machined bare metal parts, as these are most susceptible to surface

corrosion in transit. The performance of all other components will not

be adversely affected by this action.

Under body wax has not been removed. The application process has been

amended to improve efficiency with no deterioration to the protection

offered.

It would be at your discretion if you decided to have waxoyl applied to

your vehicle.

If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me,

I have provided details of which at the foot of this email.

Yours Sincerely

(Name removed)

Customer Loyalty Executive

Customer Relationship Centre

Land Rover UK

:blink:

I just spoke to the guy who sent the e-mail and he says that Land Rover will not cover the cost of applying more wax protection and that any that to have more protection applied will have been purely at the main dealers discretion. When I pointed out that the 110 hardtop that is currently on display in my supplying main dealer has lots more underbody protection applied he suggested that perhaps the main dealer had done this themselves.

I also said that I did not understand that if they are making improvements why there was apparently less protection on the new models than the old but received no real response to that.

Following that I said that surely after spending near 30 grand on a vehicle surely it is not too much to ask that £50 in materials and a couple of hours of labour in the main dealer to get my vehicle protected to the same extent as the showroom model? He replied that land Rover themselves will not foot the bill.

I then told him requested that he had better ring the main dealer and request they to foot the bill then.

End of conversation.

Mmm, Not the response one needs from an employee for Customer Loyalty Executive !!!

Checked the underside of mine this morning, since she is still fairly clean below, hard to tell if anything done, Guess maybe !! a few extra/more bits of sealer !! so they have the benefit of doubt :unsure:

Ok the latest...

Just had a call from the service exec at the supplying main dealer and after consulting with his manager etc they have agreed as a goodwill gesture to have the vehicle in to apply further wax protection FOC.

He also said that both he and his manager had read the the comments on here.

Ok the latest...

Just had a call from the service exec at the supplying main dealer and after consulting with his manager etc they have agreed as a goodwill gesture to have the vehicle in to apply further wax protection FOC.

He also said that both he and his manager had read the the comments on here.

RESULT WELL DONE???? :):):)

Steve, the rear pads have been rattling and the only reason they've not been changed is that I've not been back to the dealer due to lack of time.

Whilst in France last week I started getting a vibration under braking from speed (70mph) which I thought felt like the discs - the dealer in Nantes confirmed that the front discs are warped so I need to get it booked in for some new ones.

RIGHT THEN, here are some piccies of how Land Rover should waxoyl their Defender. Look at the lovely stuff oozing outa me cavities!!!!

For those interested it cost £150 at Land Ranger Middlewich Cheshire 01606834981, I'm fed up of doing this job myself and it would of cost at least half of the bill to buy the waxoyl alone. I'm not on commission or anything but please mention my name if you do go there for a waxoyl after reading this.

Ta Richard

S6000500.jpg

S6000501.jpg

S6000502.jpg

S6000503.jpg

S6000504.jpg

S6000505.jpg

Guest diesel_jim
Mine is booked in with main dealer on Tuesday.

For a courtesy vehicle I am getting

...a 1.2 Renault Clio :rolleyes:

Whne i had my Td5 new, it broke down (actually, one of the times it broke down...) i was given a noce shiny toyota corolla.

which i filled the boot with a salisbury axle and a set of wolf rims.

and took it up onto salisbury plain.

and ranted the t!ts off of it! B)

Nope, as you say just muck and eventually rust.

any one get the impression that they won't last as long as the older models i don't care its only got to me last two years. but i do think they have lots of little time bombs installed now. most cars now only last about 10 years hope the 2007 defender does better

dan