what pray tell...

Under the centre seat of my TDi is this curious bit of equipment, am I being tracked by MI5?

Looks factory fitted, and looks like something goes down to gbox, I'm guessing some kind of Tachograph?

Has various scart and din type connectors...

(Looks like my 90 was first registered by 'Industrial Aggregates' or someone so I guess a Tach would fit)

Second question can I remove it easily?

Cheers

G

seat.jpg

Guest diesel_jim

My ol 300Tdi used to have it. i unplugged it one day to see what would happen.....

a big juicy fat nothing... made no difference at all, so if you want to rip it out, go for it!

hi to all you landy mad pepole might sound a bit silly but what is the egr ecu actually fitted for and are there any benefits to removing it as it actually gets in the way and looks awfull thanks to any one with info would be great

?????

I'm no Einstein, but I think :rolleyes: you'll find you answer above.

Cheers

Steve

Guest diesel_jim
hi to all you landy mad pepole might sound a bit silly but what is the egr ecu actually fitted for and are there any benefits to removing it as it actually gets in the way and looks awfull thanks to any one with info would be great

Pick up a copy of this months LRO, there is a full write up on how all the EGR systems work, from Tdi, Td5, the freelander and other LR diesels. quite interesting, and no mention of Vince cobley OR scropion anywhere in the article! :D:D (Yes, i meant to spell scorpion like that...)

Under the centre seat of my TDi is this curious bit of equipment, am I being tracked by MI5?

Looks factory fitted, and looks like something goes down to gbox, I'm guessing some kind of Tachograph?

Has various scart and din type connectors...

(Looks like my 90 was first registered by 'Industrial Aggregates' or someone so I guess a Tach would fit)

Second question can I remove it easily?

Cheers

G

seat.jpg

Blimey! thats clean, are you sure it's a Defender :P