hartop prices???

SteveG

I need to get a decent hardtop with headlining front and rear to convert a truck cab. Problem is you don't seem to see many about. There's one on ebay at the moment currently sitting at ~260 quid.

What's a reasonable price to pay for one in good condition. Worst case does anyone know what these cost new.

I'll also need a new rear door. I'm assuming it's better to go for the one piece version that came in around 2002 - again anyone know the best place to pick up one of these price wise.

Cheers

Steve

I will have two. I've got one in good condition, painted in bonnati grey with headlining and all fixings. The other will be in excellent condition as it's off a 5 month old 90 TC Belize green/White with headlining.

Feel free to PM me

Steve :)

I wonder if anyone is preparing to make a fibreglass crew cab roof ? Demand would be high, methinks.

Mo

Mo, I've looked into this, possibly doing a fibreglass roof for a double cab and a king cab (shorteded double cab roof). If the demand's there I'll do it. Headlinings will be included too. Doublecabs are expensive. I can occasionally get hold of them at a good price but they are fairly rare beasts.

ive also been after a 2nd hand 110 crew cab roof :( ......... was one one Eblag but it went for £450.

thing is if ya make a fibre glass one... how big ya going to do it?

si whites is standard plus 12" but the one i want to do is +18" [see piccie]

cid_Picture70.jpg

there is definatley a market for them.

graham

Are you going to store garden furniture in it when it's broken?

No....

I want more space for storage... Yes..... and.......... the fuel tank is mounted inside, I can then move it behind the cage and gain more legroom as the seat will slide further back... :unsure:

well thats the plan anyway :blink:

Tony...

Blimey thats a few years ago, that came off very soon after, as I smacked the hard top and decided to take it off before I wrote it off completley, when I cut it down for the truck cab straight after I cut it I thought...Mmmmmmmm.....should have made it to the other side of the cage.... :o

DSCN1122.JPG

Siwhites looks the buisness graham there are loads of pics on here.

Are you going to extend yours to behind the cage Les?

I like the looks but for me a H/T was a must when I bought it and I still enjoy keeping all my gear dry

a few dents later and I haven't altered my opinoin.

I'm now actively trying to source a load of cheap standard truck cab roofs to convert to +12inches, and at proper crewcab height as well. If I can get some soon, then I'm hoping to have a limited supply available by Christmas.

Fibreglass initially, with a possible move to much-more-bling polycarbonate in the future. White as standard, to be painted to match. +18 inch sizes probably available if required, but not immediately. They'll be properly made as well, by a marine composites firm.

They'll be available on an exchange basis with an old tc roof - purely because I'll need the steel guttering around the bottom of the roof and the top of the windscreen. Condition is unimportant as the ali will be binned.

Prices TBC, but not expected to be astronomical.

PM me if you...

1) Want one so I can judge demand

2) Have a cr*ppy TC roof or three you would be willing to part with for R and D

I'm now actively trying to source a load of cheap standard truck cab roofs to convert to +12inches, and at proper crewcab height as well. If I can get some soon, then I'm hoping to have a limited supply available by Christmas.

Fibreglass initially, with a possible move to much-more-bling polycarbonate in the future. White as standard, to be painted to match. +18 inch sizes probably available if required, but not immediately. They'll be properly made as well, by a marine composites firm.

They'll be available on an exchange basis with an old tc roof - purely because I'll need the steel guttering around the bottom of the roof and the top of the windscreen. Condition is unimportant as the ali will be binned.

Prices TBC, but not expected to be astronomical.

PM me if you...

1) Want one so I can judge demand

2) Have a cr*ppy TC roof or three you would be willing to part with for R and D

Si - my twisted Truck Cab is still sitting in my garden if you'd like to come and get it. What are you up to this weekend?