Defender 1, Transit 0

GBMUD

Third accident in the space of a year this morning when a water board Transit van changed lanes on me and his plastic rear bumper got hooked in my rapidly decelerating front bumper - with predictable results.

Staggeringly a witness stopped and had seen the whole thing - thankfully from my perspective. :)

No pictures I am sorry to say. :(

Chris

There is some damage to the NS end of the bumper and the NS wing outer. The transit has lost his bumper end cap - which is quite a big piece of plastic on the new shape ones. Most importantly, nobody was hurt although there was nearly a punch-up between the transit driver and the witness but I managed to separate them. :)

Chris

Guest diesel_jim
There is some damage to the NS end of the bumper and the NS wing outer. The transit has lost his bumper end cap - which is quite a big piece of plastic on the new shape ones. Most importantly, nobody was hurt although there was nearly a punch-up between the transit driver and the witness but I managed to separate them. :)

Chris

I bet your neck is sore this morning though isn't it Chris? :lol::lol:

You need wider tyres, they bounce off them then before hitting any panels as the defender has flared wheelarches.

I've had a few vans change lane on me like you had. Seems once you are in their blind spot they just change lane and expect the other driver to take evasive action. I don't. :)

Rich

I've had a few vans change lane on me like you had. Seems once you are in their blind spot they just change lane and expect the other driver to take evasive action. I don't. :)

Me neither. :) As an ex-white van man I speak from experience that he was simply not looking/did not care.

Cheers

Chris

There seems to be some problem with my new avatar... :(

Which one? The new bloomin' one.

TBH I saw him coming and reacted by braking, swerving as far as I dared into the next lane and hooting. Trouble was, I was just not quick enough. Odd that I used to do 50k/year company miles with private on top of that with no accidents in 6+ years yet now I do only limited private mileage I seem to get hit all the time. Still, that is it now, three times...

Chris

An old girlfriend of mine did 3 cars in one day, drove in to back of someone, got picked up from casualty after a check over and her mate let her drive back to work (to jump straight back on the horse so to speak), back at work she was a bit distracted still and opened the drivers door just as a car was passing, goodbye door. then some went into the back of her dads car on the way home.

Lucy was nearly as bad when she was pregnant, in the space of a couple of weeks she hit every panel on my Dads Montego except the roof.

Glad you are OK anyway Chris, lets hope thats an end to it now.

Will :)