Keenly prices camping fridge

GBMUD

My Mate Jason bought one of these for use on the UAE Desert Challenge before last week. It held up to 5 days of abuse in the back of his 90 and even accidently managed to freeze our chicken bits after half a day at half volume.

That price is very good too.

I don't think they have a patch on the Engals in terms of build quality but for that price you can't go wrong.

I have a Waeco and its performed flawlessly for years, they are incredibly efficient because they are only 2-way systems (240V and 12/24V) the ones that also use gas are horribly inefficient.

Excellent build too, bulletproof imho.

I have a Waeco and its performed flawlessly for years, they are incredibly efficient because they are only 2-way systems (240V and 12/24V) the ones that also use gas are horribly inefficient.

Excellent build too, bulletproof imho.

Agreed, I had one of the 3 way Waeco jobs and it was pants. Flogged it on eblag and bought an Engel.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have had a waeco cf40 for 3 years now - it has performed superbly and never missed a beat. I have run it on both mains when at home and also on 12v when out and about. I also have the thermal jacket with mine.

freezes easily from the 12v supply in a 30 degree ambient

Been abused by the kids, sat on, dropped etc..... and still unmarked

highly recommended.

We use our Engals nearly every weekend when out desert camping. The regular ice boxes are okay for drinks but they splish splosh melted ice water all over the insides of the truck and you can't store perishables in ice cold water.... soggy sarnies are cr@p. (unless you store everything else in multiple Zip-Lok bags)

I invested in one of the 40lt Engals having had a 32lt for the past twelve years and then one of the TwoZone additional fridge compartments to increase storage upto 60lts.

Both the fridge and the TwoZone have the insulated thermal jackets to reduce compressor cycling times and also to protect your expensive investment from knocks.

The Two Zone is excellent for keeping drinks, whilst the larger bottom compartment is better suited for perishable foods that don't need accessing every day.

If you're looking for an Engal I would definatly reccomend you buy the lid latch that stops it sliding to the side every time you open it! They cost a few quid each and I needed two for my Fridge set-up....Cols110 bought then back from Oz last week for me.

Me and my mates use both the Engal and the Waecos.... both seem to work fine in our climate...but I'd wager the Engal keeps on going long after the Waeco has packed in.

post-264-1199718256_thumb.jpg

The waeco isnt a bad bang for the bucks , the Engel is a bit better when it starts to get hot 40+C , but I sold mine and got a SupaKool, made in Oz and outperforms the Engel, twin compressor, and fan forced cooling in the box , had it freezing in 46 ambient . The best thing is cools the beer down real quick :D JMHO

Just been pointed out that that Engle from MPS is plus VAT, so it's not the good deal I thought it was. They used to advertise inc VAT, certainly did when I bought mine from them.

I have watched this topic with interest and would just like to mention that Engel use the Sawafuji compressor, most other compressor fridges use the Danfoss compressor.

I give 3 year warranty now with all Engel chest fridges Waeco only 1 year.

I have listed this last fridge + vat to reduce ebay's high commission charges.

Simon