Overseas fuel prices

Exmoor Beast

I run this forum on making biodiesel/running on veggy: Biodiesel forum Take a look...loads of useful info in there.

Nick - there is some promising research on evaporating off the methanol to get the impurities to precipitate out - these can then be removed with a simple filter. Really simplifies the process - ill find a link when I get a min.

Aww.. man!

What are you whining about? Here en DK, the average salary is around £35000, which is ok I think..

But then we have the taxes:

Income tax: If you earn £35000 a year, you will pay around 58% in income tax(!)

One litre petrol is: 90p inc. VAT

One litre diesel is: 80p inc. VAT

VAT is 25%.. And the 180% tax on cars -which makes a new RR 4,4 V8 SE cost £170000 (yes, one hundred and seventy thousand pounds) and the TDV8 around £160000

So.. Maybe the fuel is more expensive in Norway, but I think we have the first place when it comes to ripping our tax-payers off.

/tony

Just to make a comparason how much do people pay for road tax. Then you can really put it into perspective.

I pay 146 euro's a month .... yes thats a month for my disco 300tdi. Thats about 90 quid a month.

Road Tax (annual registration fee plus compulsory 3rd party insurance) over here is only about $40 per month, regardless of vehicle age.

Bill

Just to make a comparason how much do people pay for road tax. Then you can really put it into perspective.

I pay 146 euro's a month .... yes thats a month for my disco 300tdi. Thats about 90 quid a month.

I pay $480 a year BUT that inculdes CTP (which is third party insurance )

So thats about £200 a year for road tax and insurance , Pay extra if youy want full comp ,

Over here diesel is about 80 pence a liter and if you use it commercialy as I do you can reclaim the VAT which is 15.5% making the end price for me about 68 pence a liter and we think that this is daylight robbery.

If you own a diesel powered car that is not commercial then you are hit for a 200 pound tax per annum over and above road tax and MOT.

So bottom line:

MOT/road tax - 250 pounds per year

Complusory 3rd party insurance 250 pound per year

Diesel tax for cars not used as commercial vehichiles 200 pounds per year (i am exempt here)

Comprehensive insurance for my 1994 300 TDI - 450 pouds a year

Average income here is around 1000 pounds per month so an average person here could by 312 liters a week.

Great - just heard that midnight saturday the diesel price will rocket by 14.1 % Where the F----- did that come from and more important why ?? Other fuel price will rise by 2-3 % !!!

Petrol prices are a tiny bit lower.

Adam

Obviously the EEC is of benefit........... yeah right?

Nah it is good for all countries apart from t the UK, who put loads in and getting nothing out but stupid rules that the Uk is the only one the takes any notice of

I was told how much of con it is for the Uk when i was at school I am now 36 :angry:

Talking to my boss yesterday and we were talking about counties and i said Europe, Uk Canada, and he stopped me and said But UK is in Europe, To which i replied In your world maybe but never in mine

Road tax for my 88" is $27.74/year in Colorado. Regular gas was $2.74/gallon last time I filled the RR, thought I did get a .10/gal discount for buying over $50 in groceries. V8Bertha, Paul? was saying he was driving around just so he could fill up again as it was so cheap to him.

FYI, here in Moscow, one liter of Diesel in a good station is 17-18 rubles with is about 35 pences per litre (0,50 euros).

As for the same in Imperial Gallons (it's time you switch to metric systems, folk!) it's then about 1,6 GBP.

BUT, this is the second largest producer of oil AND the salaries are way below UK standards (I'd say at least five times less) so it is probably the biggest rip-off of all!!!

Road tax on my 110" is about £80 a year, plus an extra £120 because it's a diseasel. But this is only because it's registered as a bus (more than 8 passengers). If it was registered as a normal stationwagon, it would cost around £1800 in road tax pr. year.

In DK we have 4 different types of cars when it comes to taxes:

A van, made for transportation of goods only, can have up to 3 front seats, no rear seats. A fence or polycarbonate screen between the load and the driver's seat. A 110" with no rear seats would fit in this category along with a RRC with only the front seats. Taxes on these are low, normally around 15%. Road tax is pretty low too. These have yellow license plates front and rear. There are some new rules on these, to prevent private owners from buying and using them

A standard car, pretty much everything like you UK guys drive, as long as it's got no more than 8 passengers and weighs below 3500kgs total. Taxed 180%. Road tax is dependant of weight and fuel efficiency. Lies between £50 and £2000 a year. White license plates front and rear.

A bus, well.. everything holding more than 8 passengers. Road tax is based on weight, therefore a 110" is very cheap, since it's a relatively small bus. Normally they have white plates, but can be seen with yellow because of some old rules about taxation.

A truck, weighs more than 3500kgs total and carries no more than 2 passengers. Road tax depends on weight. Normally yellow plates, white plates are rarely seen.

/tony

Road Tax in Holland is depending of fuel type and weight of the car. A disco 2 TD5 (2100kg?) will cost about 2000 euro's a year so about 1400 pounds.

Full comprehensive insurance is about 1500 euro's so about 2000 pounds.

LPG pays another 10% extra roadtax, petrol is about 1/2 the roadtax of diesel.

Average income in Holland is € 30000,- a year.

Diesel 1,25 a litre.

So driving a heavy diesel car is also in holland very expensive.

Petrol is sooo cheap here we don't even bother to convert the cost to GBP.

To fill up my 89lt tank costs around 16 quid. Quality is also good.

We don't pay roadtax either...just a yearly registration fee of around 40 quid per car. Engine size & type doesn't make any difference...I have no clue who benfits from this fee.

Diesel is expensive compared to petrol...approx three time more. Don't ask me why though....