MUDSTUFF Dash Centre Console

Thinking of getting one of these Dash Pod units from Mud Stuff to mount switches & a couple of extra gauges.

Anyone using these things? Whats the quality like, are they not too flimsy? Will there be gaps around the edges?

Any advice or feedback please.

Martin

Mine has been fine in the year or so Ihave had it. Its as good as, if not better than the orginal LR ones. The fit is very good and even with the weight of a CD player, switches and controls doesnt budge. Its stayed put when my dash fell off whislt driving thru Morrocco!

I've had a Mud dash fitted for nearly a year now and it's an excellent bit of kit. The plastic is very thick and the profile fits the dash very well. Minimal cutting to dash compared to the rival unit and it's very versatile with loads of room for switches gauges etc. Nice people to deal with as well.

I would suport the other comments.

I fitted mine about 6 months ago and it fits fine, good clear instructions which made life simple after I read them.

The only problem I have had is it has made me realise how grotty the rest of my dash is :rolleyes:

I've got the dash unit by Iron Goat. It's the 1 as sold by Scrapiron but I went to IG direct when I was in Canada lasy year and paid 1/2 price for it :D . But then I did drop off 6 months worth off LR comics to them. Very nice people and good to deal with.

Fitted it and have no problems with it. As above you realise how tatty the rest of your dash is :o

The MudStuff centre console also gets my vote, mines been in for 8 months or so now and has performed flawlessly and has been removed and refitted about a dozen times thanks to my dodgy electrics :) It also has steel back and side plates and these hold it very rigid :i-m_so_happy:

Mo

Have been thinking about purchasing one of these myself, but just wondering if you can fit a CB and CD player, one in the top and one in the very bottom with switches in between?? Would this be possible or will the CB or CD need mounting elsewhere??

Have heard good things about these consoles elsewhere, so its a xmas list job i think!!

Thats ok guys......talk amongst yourselves, dont worry about the actual subject matter here!!

Cant go wrong with there consul .I had one in my 90, I fitted it out on the bench first then took it to the vehicle. Once fitted you cant leave it out or tranfer it as you need to chop out the lower dash centre section. I was going to make a loom and put male female plugs at the back to easly remove mine but never get there before the 90 was sold. :(

I managed to get CB and CD/radio in mine. Bit of a struggle to get a full size CB

in, I used a Midland mount which allowed the CB to stand out from the pod a little.

Allowed enough space for my Carling switches between them.

Great bit of kit though.

post-2642-1197059482_thumb.jpg

post-2642-1197060019_thumb.jpg

Mud dash is excellent - I have 6 switches, Pioneer CD player & an MC8 CB in a mounting cage & it looks like it's supposed to be there all neat & tidy. It's that rigid I'm almost tempted to add some electric window switches to keep the whole dash tidy.

I also agree that the guys at Mud are extremely helpful.

One idea if you are selling the vehicle is to buy another mud dash for your new vehicle & put the new blank facia in the old vehicle for the new owner to customise, use it as a selling point :)