No more cheap plasma!

Jon White

Ex employee Emma Taylor was complaining about how she turned down other jobs to get this one and a career after 4-months she got just a weeks wages. She the says she got £100. Bugger that! £100 squids a week wages!

Shame the factory is closing, no reason given? It's usually cheap foreign stuff.

Les. :)

Shame the factory is closing, no reason given? It's usually cheap foreign stuff.

Les. :)

There was an item on Radio 2 the other day, they have a Radio 2 allotment in Wales (don't ask me why) and they have a 5 minute talk with the Welsh gardener who was bemoaning not being able to get mushroom compost from his local mushroom farm because the farm has closed after 28 years business. The reason for closing - cheaper foreign imports, which naturally need a 40 tonne truck and / or a 747 freighter to bring them to the UK market and increase the global warming. Presumably the big supermarkets pass this cost saving back to the consumer and care a sh*t about the extra fuel needed to get the mushrooms.............

Edited by Les Henson

Hi,

Sorry to hear about yet another highly respected Company going into recievership.

Just a point to add.

Marlow have never made Plasma, therefore they were never in a position to ofer cheap Plasma.

Andy - T.

Like in Canada....all snowmobiles are called Ski-Doos :) an enviable position for any manufacturer when their brand becomes the generic name for a product............

Pedantic???

If I want to be pedantic, then that is just what I will be!!

Plasma is a registered trade mark, defended when required, just as you would defend your own name when called into question!

If I were to use your identity - would you not get upset??

Andy-T.

This really Shocks me

As my other hobbie is sailing , Marlow are a very big name in sailing ropes and have always been used by most people.

So can't really understand why they are going to the wall. Unless there ropes are to good and not needing replaceing