Can I sue a car thief?

alan kemp

I thought of a tape recorder and a gas bottle. When the car is stolen a recorded voice says "Gas is being released, you will die" and then a valve opens to release the gas of your choice into the car.

I'd favour CO2, so if they tried to torch it, the fire would be put out.

Nice idea! But you could land yourself in some very hot water when the moron car thief tries to drive the car away anyway (cause lets face it, he's no booker prize winner :rolleyes:) passes out because you you just filled the car with CO2 and mows down the the lolly-pop-lady and anyone she may be helping across the road.......think you'd have some explaining to do when "plod" comes knocking ;)

Still.....I like the idea B)

Nice idea! But you could land yourself in some very hot water when the moron car thief tries to drive the car away anyway (cause lets face it, he's no booker prize winner :rolleyes:) passes out because you you just filled the car with CO2 and mows down the the lolly-pop-lady and anyone she may be helping across the road.......think you'd have some explaining to do when "plod" comes knocking ;)

HMM - Your right - instant death would be much better - me thinks a few KV through the steering wheel would ensure no innocent parties are injured in the making of this alarm system + they woudlant have chance to inflict any damage to the car either.

You could link it with an immobiliser so the car wouldn't set off in the first place. I had thought of hydrogen sulphide, but that would corrode bits of the car and CO2 is cheap and easy to get in cylinders.

HMM - Your right - instant death would be much better - me thinks a few KV through the steering wheel would ensure no innocent parties are injured in the making of this alarm system + they woudlant have chance to inflict any damage to the car either.

Spot on..with maybe a washer jet to spray Frebrezze on his smoldering and almost certianly smelly corpse? :D

Personally I'd sooner inflict a slow agonising death. They would in so much pain they wouldn't think about damaging the car, except maybe the door handles in a futile attempt to escape.

You could link it with an immobiliser so the car wouldn't set off in the first place. I had thought of hydrogen sulphide, but that would corrode bits of the car and CO2 is cheap and easy to get in cylinders.

Yea slightly more sensible and legal, however there nothing stopping him then, booting the **** out of your, moving on to next door's car, or your house! But with mr OilIT idea you just call an ambulance, go inside and have a cuppa while you wait :P

But with mr OilIT idea you just call an ambulance, go inside and have a cuppa while you wait :P

Not funny if you score an own goal, like that poor sod who got caught by a shotgun booby trap he'd set in his garden shed.

As soon as you hear the gas warning you could go for the emergency cutout.

You lot just aint caught on av ya.

In this country we now reward crime, not punish.

We dont bother locking our wagons at work any more, its cheaper to let em nick the stereo than keep buying windows.

We had a 7.5 ton wagon with hiab nicked out of our yard 9pm one night. It was found at 1am on a trading est 30 miles away. Two lads was nickin scrap Ali with it using the hiab.

One ran off but they caught the other. CPS would not prosecute the one they caught because he said the one that ran off nicked the lorry and they could not prove otherwise.

Well done methinks.

Now then, this teeth on the footpath idea, tell me more!.

The urban myths in South Africa had two stories about thieves. One about a farmer leaving a bottle of brandy in the glovebox. It did have a good measure of poison in it. The theory beeing that the thiefs on finding it would drink it and then go to their maker.

The second was that a person who was fed up with having his car radio stolen hooked up quite a few fishing hooks at the back of his radio in the dash. Apparenty he come out one day to find a person sitting in his car who could not retrieve his hand.

I may not be able to go to these lengths to protect my property but I wish I could.

There was someone in London got done a good few years ago for a simple but seemingly effective idea - hacked off with his car (an XR4x4 or something like that) getting knicked repeatedly he ran a cable from his basement and wired it to the mains :D Unfortunately, it wasn't the theiving scrotes he zapped, but a traffic warden who thought it would be a bright idea to try the doors of every car on the street to make sure they were locked...

If you do go round to give a scrote a pleasant seeing to then rather than heads and brick walls etc. which leave marks I would favour setting to with a burdizzo. Blokes of a sensitive nature may like to look away now, cupping their wedding tackle whilst squirming.

burdizzo%201.jpg

They don't leave a mark on the surface, but severs all the blood vessels inside causing them to die and shrivel up or fall off.

As always though the law is powerless to help you but would have no trouble punishing you.

A couple I know from South Africa moved to England after a incedent with car jackers, The female was jacked at some traffic lights by four men, one was armed. She got out and as they drove off and drew the mico uzi she carried from her fanny pack and emptied the 30 round clip through the back window! End result 3 dead car theives and one who would spend the rest of his life in a wheel chair drinking through a straw.

When people defend their property repeat offenders are much less likley to survive.

All of this raises the issue of what you can do to protect yourself and your property in this country, in short nothing. The best thing seams to be to hold the door and wish them a safe journey. As someone who does a LOT of shooting and has a sizeable arsenal (all legal) this topic comes up often amongst my friends and I. Everone I know has the same attitude. Dont do anything unless you feel that you or your familes lives are at risk. At which point you may use reasonable force. Now the school of thought on that one seams to be dont stop till they are down. At which point they no longer are threat. Like that is possble when everything has to be kept in the safe and the ammo in another and a loaded mag is even considered as a loaded gun.

This is where Tony Martyn went wrong. He shot the first intruder (I wont use the terms youth or kid as how was he to know their age?) shot at the second then turned the gun back on the first and shot him again, while he was on the floor. I belive that was then considered murder as the first intruder was no longer presenting a threat.

Of course having a off ticket pump action shotgun does nothing to endear you to the establishment.

France again is different. When my sister and her husband were having problems with a neighbour with suspected mental issues the local Geandam reminded them that Nepolionic law still stands. They could do nothing if he was on their land but if he came in to their house uninvited they could drop him. Though they prefer you to wound rather than kill!

In the States it depends where you are but on the conceal carry courses the basic advice is dead men can't sue and its only your version of events presented to a court. Another tip is always fire a warning shot but its up to you if you fire it last!

Oh and if you have ever been to Texas where most people carry road rage just does not happen.

If any of this is factually incorrect im sure a adult will be along soon to put me right.

Sorry the state of this country really gets to me. The other month I had to witness a local scrote kicking the carp out of his missus in the middle of the street then smasing a load of car windows before assulting a neighbour of mine. Now if I had droped the f***er where he stood I would proberbly be doing 12 years.