Nuts !

wkw90

See if you can find a local nut & bolt shop, they're handy for all the weird stuff you get on LR's so getting friendly by buying some normal stuff instead of using Screwfix etc.

There's also Namrick for party packs of nuts & bolts etc. and one of my local nut & bolt shops is online C P Fasteners.

See if you can find a local nut & bolt shop, they're handy for all the weird stuff you get on LR's so getting friendly by buying some normal stuff instead of using Screwfix etc.

There's also Namrick for party packs of nuts & bolts etc. and one of my local nut & bolt shops is online C P Fasteners.

Many thanks Namrick was just the sort of thing i was looking for ;)

Do people still have, let allown use yellow pages these days?

Have a look for bolts and nuts suppliers in a yellow pages or equiverlant. I use CBH fasteneres in Redditch (might not be local for you but just an example), not the cheapest but a fantastic range in stock at sensible prices and being a local supplier I can nip out and get any size bolt or nut I've required, waiting for internet delivery times is so passé :P

I do occasional buy fasteners off the net, though typically its boxes of 100 or more bolts at a time.

uhmmm why would selling to farmers make things cheaper?

we have 3 tractors that are worth more than most peoples houses, EACH!!

I think the point is farmers in general claim to be poor and hard done by etc, however it seems in this case not so!

I use Kebrell nuts and bolts...

http://www.kebrell.co.uk/

They have six depots around the country. You walk into the one in Bristol with a spec or a particularly obscure part, and the chap walks straight to aisle thirteen, shelf six, box 27 and finds exactly whay you are looking for. Plus he has them in zinc coated, and two specs of stainless. Amazing.

I've only once found something they didn't stock, a really odd type of machine screw so they had a batch made up within a week.

Cheers

Blippie

Best place for nut's and bolts is Clearkenwell Screws, it's a family run business in the middle of London town and they have everything.

I know this because in have replaced every external facing bolt into a stainless steel one? Call me a bit of a geek but I thought in years time some archeologist will find a collection of shinny bolts and workout it was a landrover, this will be put along with the rest of the dinosaurs...

here is the link - http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/directory/1100/15422.php

Best place for nut's and bolts is Clearkenwell Screws, it's a family run business in the middle of London town and they have everything.

I know this because in have replaced every external facing bolt into a stainless steel one? Call me a bit of a geek but I thought in years time some archeologist will find a collection of shinny bolts and workout it was a landrover, this will be put along with the rest of the dinosaurs...

here is the link - http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/directory/1100/15422.php

Or possibly not because you still get elecrolytic corrosion between stainless and ali, just that stainless will resist rusting like normal steel for longer.

uhmmm why would selling to farmers make things cheaper?

we have 3 tractors that are worth more than most peoples houses, EACH!!

I think the point here is although most farmers have about 2 million quids worth of plant and machinery when it comes to pennies they are as tight as they come... ;)

says the man who has to drive through a farm yard to get home... :P

Try Stig's Stainless Fasteners at

www.a2stainless.co.uk

You will see on the home page he does fastener kits for Land Rovers as well as a good range of other UNF & UNC bolts etc.

Don't forget when measuring up for bolts that Land Rover always added 25% extra length on any bolt that protruded to the underside so they would rot and seize up. It saved them the cost of fitting spring washers :lol:

Paul, also try Norton Industrial fasteners in Works Road in Letchworth, they have pretty much everything in stock plus other engineering consumables too, like drills, cutting/grinding discs, wire brushes etc.

Mo

Do you know if they have a web site ?