4x4Adventures Winch Challenge

JST

Its been a little wet of late so should prove interesting for Saturday, at least its well drained up there......

I have emailed out directions and confirmation details to all those registered and can confirm the entrants are:

1 Mike Cuff Sam Fletcher Mod

2 Shaun Houghton Ben Browning Std +1

3 Tim Jones Darren Church Mod

4 Ian Moulsdale Ryan Price Std +1

5 Steve Gittins Mark Morgan Mod

6 Simon Parsons Chris Solway Std

7 Bob Smith Dawn Smith Std+1

8 Bert Smith Dan Smith Mod

9 Paul Radford Std +1

10 David Webber Mark Walford Std +1

12 Jason Farr Rich Sims Mod

15 Kris Murphy Bryony Passmore Mod

18 Lewis Alderson Russell Lowton Std

20 Martin Stainer Alen Cousens Mod

24 Paul Hooper Rich Green Mod

25 Tony Cordell Mike Dunlop Mod

26 John Piper Wayne McNulty Mod

27 Andy Smith Mod

28 Simon Buck Matt Cook Mod

29 Dan Need Ian Stokes Std

30 Ben Burgess Ro Llorente Mod

Non Series Registered

32 Steve Williams Dan Sivier Mod

33 Adrian Catchpole mark Catchpole Std +1

Please can you check entry details and class and let me know if its incorrect.

I have spare nos for team 32, 33, 24, the remainder who asked for them should now have them by return post.

Hey Shrek you could be in the top 3! in class!!

Guest WALFY

Adrian. I can lead you to the site on Sat morning if that's what you are asking about. Or I could drive through Taunton town centre and lose you there :P

Nooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not another one of Walfy's Town Centre mystery tours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not just the directions, just wondering if there is any other info I need. I know I can turn up and attend the briefing, but there's nothing like being prepared...

Course is all set anyway, we will be using the Quarry and the triangle only. Some tight corners in the sections so boggers are probably a no go......... Punches are split evenly between the quarry and the triangle.

Looking fwd to seeing you all there tomorrow bright and early and some in the Holman Clavel this PM.

Doh, New I should have changed them, A well, Too late now the Boggers are on!

i was trying to get that in thinking you may be on your way down by now!!! b*gger

just go for the black round tyres they will be fine!

Well it was all going so well... too well really... all until a very loud bang... I have done the same as HFH and BBC- the weld holding the end plate of the Milemarker winch drum has let go and in the process the end plate is in three or four pieces... poo :( Hopefully won't be too drastic to repair. To be fair I was pushing half of Wellington and a couple of fallen trees in front of me at the time- with the pressure gauge reading 120bar- which translates to about 5 tons single line pull!!

A very big thank you to the guys in the silver 90 (sorry don't know your names) for the recovery which involved double lining an 8274 with a brand new Bowmotor on it that promptly burnt out- luckily David Bowyer was himself watching and carried out probably the fastest warrantly replacement in history by fitting a brand new one in the car park- top man and top service as usual. A big thank you also to David (Honiton Hobbit) for stepping in and completing the recovery with his TDS winch that did a grand job- double lined and barely even got warm!- and then to top it all making a nice cup of tea!

Another excellent challenge- very well laid out and run- well done James and a big thanks to OEC, X eng and all the marshals. Looking forward to fixing the winch and will be back for the next one!

A big thank you back Simon, for the entertainment! I must say I was more than impressed by the damage to your winch, luckily DB was there to capture the moment comprehensively and to give a technical explanation.

I would also point out that the Ben's motor/8274 was involved in a triple line pull when it reached gas mark 5.

I was very pleased at the way the TDS used your 90 to re-grade a large section of Trembath's Revenge and I do believe the other two TDS users were both very happy with their winches.

Some great driving today, Steve and Mark did their usual - a pleasure to watch: Mr Cordell was on fine form, Mr Jones and his side kick did the business and despite his lack of regular winchman Mr Farr made it look easy. Sadly I missed out on Mr Buck's master class on deep water techniques but I gather the pictures are soon to be on the 'net. Mr Watts's new 'Umpire' technique for marshalling was another winner...

Thanks for a great day go to JST who worked twice as hard as usual - cheers James

Many many thanks to James and all the marshals. And big shout for Big Si and all the chaps from OEC for sponsoring the event. Was a top day out and after a beer and a shower am slowly beginning to feel human again. I must say it makes a change to do an event in warm sunshine and to drive home in the daylight. Roll on the next one (there are no bogs at Uplowman are there??? please tell me there aren't)