Ultimate challenge

steve b

Great event as usual,

we especially enjoyed the hail coming in at 90 degrees yesterday whilst we were in a mud hole

Check it out Brian, ive remembered how this computer thing works!!!

Dont forget how much fun we had trying to get your feet wet either!

Thanks for the weekend

Anyone seen a full set of results yet? Alan is laid on the sofa with 'several' broken ribs and whiplash as a result of his lemming activities (winch rope snapped at just the wrong moment!).

Bl**dy hell :o and Alan seamed ok in the pub saturday evening, just go's to show how it can get you in the morning after a heavy roll :(

I can imagine you rolling on the sofa and breaking a few ribs, with the size of your belly flopping about... lol - - - how does the misses cope??? :ph34r:

Get well soon Alan. Is the motor done for then?

Bl**dy hell :o and Alan seamed ok in the pub saturday evening, just go's to show how it can get you in the morning after a heavy roll :(

Great event,

Hope You feel better soon Alan, that was a bad roll.

We wondered if spending the night with co driver and damaged ribs was a good idea :lol: Jennie's cuddles are far more gentle............So i've heard :P

Thanks to everyone who attended for making it great fun to do.

Not one sign of any cheating and lots of smiling faces..............Awesome.

Really enjoyed the whole thing.

1st Jim Marsden Adrain Turner Def 100' TD5 Twinmotor 8274

2nd Stefan Prachet Dan Fabb Def 100' evo 2.8TGV Twinmotor 8274

3rd Ben Hollis Simon (not sure :o ) Def 90 300tdi Twinmotor 8274

4th Foney Jansen Ced (not sure :o ) G wagen Twinmotor 8274

will get points up soon

Jim :)

1st Jim Marsden Adrain Turner Def 100' TD5 Twinmotor 8274

2nd Stefan Prachet Dan Fabb Def 100' evo 2.8TGV Twinmotor 8274

3rd Ben Hollis Simon (not sure :o ) Def 90 300tdi Twinmotor 8274

4th Foney Jansen Ced (not sure :o ) G wagen Twinmotor 8274

I think I spotted a recuring theme here... :rolleyes:

Jim.. do I get a prize for that ? :lol:

Many thanks to Daan for pulling us back on to the wheels. Awesome winch on that truck and we learned a lot following him on Saturday in the woods.

Following the roll, I think the chassis is twisted, the trayback is very bent on one side and the roof is a bit worse for wear. The roll cage did its job though. As it rolled over the front end, it landed on the corner of the roof over my head and then on its side.

The doctor says I have several broken ribs, two of which click as they rub over each other :o . We did a few more punches after the roll and intended to compete on Sunday but the starter motor was dead. Fi said someone was trying to tell me something and I think she was right. After walking around on Sunday, I was suddenly in agony and could barely walk. Serious pain killers have kicked in now so I am a bit happier.

Loved the event once we sussed out the various formats. Will definately be back next year to see if we can split those 8274's up with a hydro winch. Thank for co driving Mark, give up the fags and get on a treadmill with a ground anchor over your shoulder :lol::lol: . I will make sure I have some proper fair leads for the next event :rolleyes:

Congratulations to all of you that completed, I saw alot of breakages over the three days & just as many people under there trucks fixing things as I did see them driving. :rolleyes:

There were alot of winch ropes being repaired over the weekend and it was unfortunate Alan's snapped with such bad timing. Hope you & your truck make a speedy recovery ;)

Despite the fact that when ever I wasnt legging it round with a lump hammer & staple gun trying to keep the stages up in the weather I was absolutly freezing cold it was still a wicked weekend thanks to some super cool driving, some slightly mad driving and those of you that where in no particular hurry, stopping to watch others, entertain & nick my skittles! :rolleyes:;)