How much would it be worth

Les Brock

If I was to strip the Hybrid for another project......of around 100 inch and auto :ph34r:

and wanted to sell the 88 inch Hybrid with the 200Tdi and box, caged ready to go once the running gear/suspension was fitted

what would it be worth?

roughly ?

hyperthetically....as I ain't decided yet :unsure:

or I'll just flog the motor and set the disk cutter on the rest once i've totally stripped it

Edited by Les Brock

So you take a rangie or disco and swap the axles and suspension over? Is that the idea?

So you're left with a 200TDi 88"...... I assume without winches? but with a cage..... oh, and bright blue. :o

How much of that space ship dash is staying?

If you end up as a bog standard 88" with TDi then the answer is not a lot I would guess. The whole is never worth the sum of its parts, and as you're keeping all the parts........!

Lots of help I am...! :ph34r:

Edited by bishbosh

If I was to strip the Hybrid for another project......of around 100 inch and auto :ph34r:

and wanted to sell the 88 inch Hybrid with the 200Tdi and box, caged ready to go once the running gear/suspension was fitted

what would it be worth?

roughly ?

hyperthetically....as I ain't decided yet :unsure:

or I'll just flog the motor and set the disk cutter on the rest once i've totally stripped it

Bish,

more or less the idea just wonder if it's worth the hassle or to just strip it junk the rest the only thing that would be of use to someone would be the chassis/cage

Bish,

more or less the idea just wonder if it's worth the hassle or to just strip it junk the rest the only thing that would be of use to someone would be the chassis/cage

Rolling chassis + cage + engine and box. Is that what you were thinking Les? I reckon that's worth £1500 - £2000. You'd better take that superb dash with you, though :D

A car that doesn't move under its own power is a trailer and worthless compaired with the work you have put into it.

either finish it and sell it as a running mot'd truck.

or

strip it back to components and sell off in bits ebay etc.

I have sold alot of cars over the last ten years working and not, I will think nothing of striping and braking a good sound car if I think its worth more dead than alive.

I have been moned at but the RRR for my habit of braking up LSE Range Rovers etc.

>> sell the 88 inch Hybrid with the 200Tdi and box, caged ready to go once the running gear/suspension was fitted

Do you mean someone would have to collect the car without axles?

Les, why oh why are you doing this? Just sell it complete and start with a blank canvas or figure out a way to squeeze an Auto box in there.

I think he means once the suspension is swapped over

keeping his ARB's/shafts etc for the new one.

If This was down to me it would be getting an implant in the chassis region.

No way I'd sell it after putting so much work in and getting it just right otherwise.

Les the rear prop on a 4 speed auto 88" Hybrid is 595mm flange to flange, it runs at 19 degrees with a loaded rear spring length of 36cms. Burgess (propshaft clinic) will do a rear prop to fit for about £160 including vat with a 4" slip, the UJs are rated at 40 degrees so theres plenty to spare - why sell it? just build it?

loads on Les s website:

here

Cheers Tony

Here's one as it stands now

lestruck.jpg

Yep just don't know what to do...I'd like to sell it as it is and start again but Time and mainly the cost of buying everything again is a no brainer

so what to do....jury's still out but the Prop Dolly suggested with the box might work but I need to do some measuring over the weekend and see at the same time how much leg room I can gain by changing it to a king cab and altering the cage

Edited to Add Dave Lang took the Picture at 7 Sisters......and I'm still waiting for him to e-mail me a full size image....if he got the PM ?????

Edited by Les Brock

Les that is a superb picture!

you've got to keep/elongate/stretch/auto whatever but do keep it

it is Les Brock as we know you.

So much time effort and good ideas are already in it.

For the sake of some welding/fabricating you'll have a truck to meets your knee ds (play on words)

Tony

of course it is yours and you'll do the work just my opinion really

Cheers Tony

Here's one as it stands now

lestruck.jpg

Yep just don't know what to do...I'd like to sell it as it is and start again but Time and mainly the cost of buying everything again is a no brainer

so what to do....jury's still out but the Prop Dolly suggested with the box might work but I need to do some measuring over the weekend and see at the same time how much leg room I can gain by changing it to a king cab and altering the cage

Edited to Add Dave Lang took the Picture at 7 Sisters......and I'm still waiting for him to e-mail me a full size image....if he got the PM ?????

I agree with Tony Les,

Stretching what you have would involve a lot less money than starting again, AND less down time. If you can get a custom prop as Jez (Dolly)suggests, you may be able to avoid doing the chassis, and will be left with just modifying the body and cage to give yourself more room. The cage won't be too hard, because you can leave the front hoop where it is, cut off the roof bars, cut the rear diagonal braces off. Cut the main roll hoop off, make some new mountings for it and move it back a bit. Make some new roof bars and weld them in, then shorten your original rear diagonal braces and reweld to the original mounting points and the moved rear hoop.

Then you can extend the cab as you like.

If you choose to lengthen the chassis, you could lengthen the chassis in front of the main hoop mounts and cut the roof bars out, then you would only have to make up and weld in new roof bars, as all the other cage mountings would stay as they were. You could even keep most of the existing body, just insert a new/fabricated section behind the doors. This way everything behind the doors will move back and give you more room to move your seat back.

Regards,

Diff