did anybody notice this?

MarkieB

Clarkson reviewing the Mitsubishi Outlander

"I do not have much time for people who get dressed up in camouflage clothing and take to the countryside in their Land Rovers to see who can get most covered in mud. This is known as “green laning” and it’s as ridiculous as pushing a kettle over a frozen lake. I wouldn’t want to stop them doing it, though, partly because they’d all be at home otherwise, downloading unusual images from the internet" :ph34r:

particularly the last comment, has he been reading this forum? :lol:

Also utterly OT, but did anyone notice...? In the DFS ad where they cut a sofa in half with a chainsaw, the chain is running backwards because it spits all the sawdust away from the operator. :)

Yes, and pointed it out to whoever I was watching TV with at the time. They ignored me.

Anyone notice THIS:

Hmmmmmm.....

Did anyone notice the LRs being called Jeeps in a recent Dr Who?

Also utterly OT, but did anyone notice...? In the DFS ad where they cut a sofa in half with a chainsaw, the chain is running backwards because it spits all the sawdust away from the operator. :)

I noticed that as well. You don't have to look too closely to see that they didn't actually cut into any sofas, it was all done with rather cheapo CGI.

On another OT saddo moment, did anyone watch 'Jewel of the Nile' on the telly over the weekend?

When they escape through the town in the 'jet fighter' you can clearly see the propshafts from the fuselage to the undercarriage driving it along.

Paul.

Why doesn’t Land Rover simply replace it with something that works?

Huh?? For 60 years we have been making vehicles that dont work?

As much as I love Clarkson, he can talk out of his posterior at times.

Er, I feel a bit left out....I didn't notice anything to tell you all about :o

Yes I'm a saddo as well :D

He makes a valid point, since they went over to nothing but diesel they've lost a bit of the fun factor, LR seem to treat the Defender as some sort of van, which is what some people want, but a pokey engine and a rag top could shift a few units as a more interesting alternative to a lot of the modern sporty tat out there.