Impact Socket Sets

bishbosh

Been looking about the web for some impact socket sets.

Not seen anything that really appeals - I don't really want a dozen imperial and a dozen metric. I would prefer two dozen metric but can't find anythting in a sensible price range.

They don't need to be uber high quality as I am only using them with a cheapo Rolson battery gun.

So, any good deals out there...?

Been looking about the web for some impact socket sets.

Not seen anything that really appeals - I don't really want a dozen imperial and a dozen metric. I would prefer two dozen metric but can't find anythting in a sensible price range.

They don't need to be uber high quality as I am only using them with a cheapo Rolson battery gun.

So, any good deals out there...?

Speak to me nicely sometime re Maccess Bish.....

Matt

I've owned a set from Screwfix for ages - £30 odd - very good and has taken a fair heap of use with the ford service tool number 3 (BIGGER HAMMER). Not perfect but very very good!

Even has the all important Landrover Series III wheel nut socket.

Description:

37 Piece Impact Socket Set Drop-forged, heat-treated, Chrome Vanadium socket set finished in black oxide.

7 piece 3/8" drive shallow impact sockets 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 16 and 17mm.

6 piece 3/8" drive shallow impact sockets, 3/8", 7/16", 1/2", 9/16", 1 1/16" and 3/4".

11 piece 1/2" drive deep impact sockets 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21 and 24mm.

10 piece 1/2" drive deep impact sockets 1/2", 8/16", 1 1/16", 3/4", 1 3/16", 7/8", 1", 1-1/16" and 1-1/4".

1/2" drive 3" extension.

3/8" drive 3" extension. 1/2" to 3/8" adaptor.

Link to what looks like the same set (the box I got was blue).

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;jsession...amp;x=2&y=0

G.

I've owned a set from Screwfix for ages - £30 odd - very good and has taken a fair heap of use with the ford service tool number 3 (BIGGER HAMMER). Not perfect but very very good!

Even has the all important Landrover Series III wheel nut socket.

Description:

37 Piece Impact Socket Set Drop-forged, heat-treated, Chrome Vanadium socket set finished in black oxide.

7 piece 3/8" drive shallow impact sockets 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 16 and 17mm.

6 piece 3/8" drive shallow impact sockets, 3/8", 7/16", 1/2", 9/16", 1 1/16" and 3/4".

11 piece 1/2" drive deep impact sockets 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21 and 24mm.

10 piece 1/2" drive deep impact sockets 1/2", 8/16", 1 1/16", 3/4", 1 3/16", 7/8", 1", 1-1/16" and 1-1/4".

1/2" drive 3" extension.

3/8" drive 3" extension. 1/2" to 3/8" adaptor.

Link to what looks like the same set (the box I got was blue).

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;jsession...amp;x=2&y=0

G.

ive had a set from sealey no probs yet no sockets shattered and thay had some abuse

I can back the screwfix set. Cheap and cheerful, no breakages yet. Rather odd choice of metric/imperial sizes though. For wheel nuts, given that it will likely be important when I needed it, I went for a Halfords Professionsl with 2ft bar.

I got a cheap metric only 1/2" set from Machine Mart, but they don't seem to have it listed anymore. It was IIRC a Clarke set and it's in a blue plastic case. Not had any problems with them using the same cheap battery rattle gun or my mains powered one either. Only drawback was they only went up to 26mm so had to buy a 27mm socket seperately.