Other mens look at a defender owner

:unsure: I would not actually call this car a sexy car but I read this somewhere. I am writing this more because I notice the look from other men when I go shopping. "A young guy in a defender?" they ask themselves.. " YEah I am a home made mechanic and do all at home.." I tell myself reassuringly...

The nissan guys look very angry :(

The Datsun guy .. he smiled.... Outmoded cars are also classified as old timers so I gave him a little smile...

The Subaru fellows ingnore turning to your direction :blink:

The Kia driver the other day kept his looks at my direction but had his glasses on and behaved like he was watching the seagulls up above :o

And the Tahoe driver showed a little smile.. faily accepted.. :ph34r:

The BMW guy wasn't very happy.. I guess he changed his mind and drove off to another center to shop :huh: ..

Anyone been into this?? :rolleyes::P

:unsure: I would not actually call this car a sexy car but I read this somewhere. I am writing this more because I notice the look from other men when I go shopping. "A young guy in a defender?" they ask themselves.. " YEah I am a home made mechanic and do all at home.." I tell myself reassuringly...

The Datsun guy .. he smiled.... Outmoded cars are also classified as old timers so I gave him a little smile...

The Kia driver the other day kept his looks at my direction but had his glasses on and behaved like he was watching the seagulls up above :o

The BMW guy wasn't very happy.. I guess he changed his mind and drove off to another center to shop :huh: ..

kind of but i get the look at the traffic light off the japanese driving 4x4owner,i can hold them off as the boost is tweaked in the defender then as we reach 40ish they sail past with the smug look all over there face :angry: times like that i wish it was james bond style....id give up a winch for a couple of rockets at the front!

kind of but i get the look at the traffic light off the japanese driving 4x4owner,i can hold them off as the boost is tweaked in the defender then as we reach 40ish they sail past with the smug look all over there face :angry: times like that i wish it was james bond style....id give up a winch for a couple of rockets at the front!

I've never quite seen the point of racing a Land Rover at the lights. I've often had lads in their Renault Clio's (a car aimed at women if ever there was one) who were beside themselves with glee at the prospect of beating a Land Rover at the lights. It's never bothered me at all that they are faster, that not what a Land Rover is for. Horses for courses I say - Renault Clio's are for gaining maximum joy from pointlessly racing and Land Rovers are for winching the silly buggers out of the ditch they end up in. :lol:

I've never quite seen the point of racing a Land Rover at the lights. I've often had lads in their Renault Clio's (a car aimed at women if ever there was one) who were beside themselves with glee at the prospect of beating a Land Rover at the lights. It's never bothered me at all that they are faster, that not what a Land Rover is for. Horses for courses I say - Renault Clio's are for gaining maximum joy from pointlessly racing and Land Rovers are for winching the silly buggers out of the ditch they end up in. :lol:

dont get me wrong im not at it all the time :lol: just the smug ones that tail gate me,with the women grinning in her oakely sun glasses in the passenger seat,if i put my foot down in a second im out of sight!! (yep the black smokes bad!) :lol:

he might be bigger than me though when the lights turn red! :ph34r:

:blink: Isn't it normal that the small guys drive the big cars..? :o Normally the macho guys go for Harleys... you would be surprised to see a real big guy in a little Yaris,,, :P "Help.." I would cry. :ph34r:

I've never quite seen the point of racing a Land Rover at the lights.

You have obviously never been in Hybrid_from_Hell's 4.5L Eales V8 then :lol:

I remember going for a drive in it a couple of years ago with Nige - just the sound of the "Symphony of Simex and Eales in F Major" is enough to break the windows in any chavmobile that you might see retreating in the rear view mirror :lol:

A Defender is the ultimate Q car if you put the right motor in it.

No matter what, but I can not convince my wife to drive the 110" :angry:

• 4 weeks later...
dont get me wrong im not at it all the time :lol: just the smug ones that tail gate me,with the women grinning in her oakely sun glasses in the passenger seat,if i put my foot down in a second im out of sight!! (yep the black smokes bad!) :lol:

Thats kind of James Bond if it makes you feel better, nice big black smokescreen. Not as good as rockets though, and of course the red button when you flip up the gear knob to fire them :lol: .

If they're that close just brake!

They won't do it again! ;):ph34r:

Just make it worth your while and fit a NATO hitch :ph34r: .

Now heres a kick ass Def ->

Fuffin eck!! Thats quick, wonder how quick hybridfromhells is?? this topics getting old now but i understand dantd5 more,

Since fitting the lift, winch and other stuff i get loads of rubber necking, no animosity though, best one was when i parked outside a builders yard/shop and when i came out people were swarming round it, And mine is nothing special!!

Hmmmmmmmmm................ that 110 TruckCab is not particularly quick.....................

There are at least 3 Def's on here that would leave you in no doubt that adrenalin is brown..................... HFH with his 4.5 Eales powered HT, V8 Freak with his 4.5 (I think JE) powered HT............. and my 3.9 powered Truck Cab .................all of these make good HP and serious torque..........

:)

Ian

I'm young too and people do look at my Land Rover and me when we go shopping etc.

Again I love it when you get a boy racer with his car full of people, revving you at lights and you leave him in a cloud of black smoke :) and I when don't bother to beat them my driving lights are conveniently angled at their rear view mirror :P

mine, causes a stir wherever i go....its only a Doublecab, but on a 84 plate...But with the reg that is on her se looks like a a 04 plate, was even offered £16'000 for her for part ex at TRINTY MOTORS HINCKLEY...With a side exit exhaust and 5inch bore, she sounds sweet.the turbo whistling and the noise on acceleration.....

post-5180-1213815105_thumb.jpg

mine, causes a stir wherever i go....its only a Doublecab, but on a 84 plate...But with the reg that is on her se looks like a a 04 plate, was even offered £16'000 for her for part ex at TRINTY MOTORS HINCKLEY...With a side exit exhaust and 5inch bore, she sounds sweet.the turbo whistling and the noise on acceleration.....

I can vouch for that, the noise is well aggressive, And the dead animal that it spits out the exhaust is well impressive :lol: