Trolly jack

jcwcooper

I've got that exact one - had it for 2-3 years - its great. Its not too heavy to lift/move. I had a 3 tonne previously and that was a bit of a monster.

If you are in the habit of lifting a tall Land Rover via the chassis - you'll run out of lift, but under the axles is fine.

I'm not a fan of the cheap trolly jacks, mainly because the control (or rather lack of it) when lowering them. I've come across some which wern't much better than a ratchet strap for lowering.

We got a hydraulic trolly jack no that long ago at home very similare to the machine mart one above (but 3 ton). The quick lift pedal on the side is a good idea, poorley executed and god removed from ours in short order. As above the control for lowering veaves a lot to be desired, especially when you are used to one with a screw thread.

Not sure what the lift hight on ours is but they are never enough. That extension section is a good idea moglite.

I have got this one and it does what it says on the tin. been really good for the 12mths i,ve had it

Not the quick lift i know but extra tonne, starts off lower and finish's higher with a longer handle too all for another £6

o and a nice big sturdy lifting base to top it off

Just my 2p's

I have got this one and it does what it says on the tin. been really good for the 12mths i,ve had it

Not the quick lift i know but extra tonne, starts off lower and finish's higher with a longer handle too all for another £6

o and a nice big sturdy lifting base to top it off

Just my 2p's

That's almost exactly the one I bought 20 years ago and it is still going strong. Never had a problem with it and very controllable up and down. Mine had a lift head cup on it that was around 7" diameter, made it very stable when lifting awkwards shaped bits. The socket under the cup is really wide and so good for adding different heads to suit differnet uses. A good one is an asymetric cradle for lifting in the middle of a front axle to clear the diff.

I have This one and i like it very much, being able to put it under the crossmember or front bumper and be able to lift the vehicle hi enough to change springs etc.

After oiling the handle the lowering action was much better and the quick lift is very useful. Also having a longer chassis means you can jack up on the axle whilst standing nicley upright at the front of the motor :)

Will.

If you have a costco near you get the 3 ton one from there, its fantastic but flipping heavy IIRC its about 40-50kg ish will go low enough to get under a lowered 190 or an mx5 and will lift high enough (under diff) to get a 33" landy tyre a foot off the floor! was around £50 IIRC

Mike

I bought myself one of these a few years back and it has been superb.

http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/2-Tonne-Heavy...per-TJ2-HD?sc=9

The main reason was the height of the lift, which is 500mm. You can also remove the cup and fit a draper transmission cradle for lowering the gearbox/transfer box.

http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/200kg-Transmi...-Draper-ATJ2-TC

Or if you fancied a bit more they do a three ton version but not sure if cradle still fits socket.

http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/3-Tonne-Heavy...per-TJ3-HD?sc=9

best of all free P+P over £50.

I had my draper 2 ton engine crane hoist from here also.

had one of these weber for about 18 years - not had to even look at it - fantastic control on the downward cycle, good to move stuff (have spun a 88" round in the garage on the jack with no problems :ph34r: and also good for jacking up fallen down apple trees - oooh arrrrr :lol: