new springs

Hi all,

I have just got some new suspension stuff (Dampers, mounts etc) and have also got a second hand set of 2" lift springs, although they are all for a 2" lift two are longer than the other.

Am i right in saying that the longer ones go on the front as there is more weight? and also i have heard people say they the springs are made to go specifically on each corner, as they are second hand i am not sure which goes where, is there a way of working it out?

Cheers

Tris

all i know about them are that they are scorpion

Excellent choice, how much did the previous owner pay you to take them away? :ph34r:

OK, I'll add some help: I thought the rears were traditionally beefier than the fronts, certainly the few I've done seemed that way.

won't be a paint code on those, suspect longer are for the rear to cope with load carrying as well. but could be for the drivers side as LR used to do, so vehicle sits level with full fuel & driver onboard or could be for front to cope with a winch/bumper combo.

They originally came with a piece of lable attatched to each spring saying which goes where. Anyway, if i remembered with my kit, i fitted the longer ones behind. If you have a 110, then the rear ones are larger, so there's no problem determining which ones goes where.

With the 2 inch lift ones, do remember the tighter packed coils are on the top. My left and right coils are 1inch in height difference too. The defender is supposed to list to the PS, for some very strange reasons.

:unsure: From my experience with some of Colin's lovely springs, the shorter ones have sagged !!!!!!!!!

But like everyone has said I reckon longer ones on the back I have some for mine again bought secondhand (not Scarpiron though) and that's how they are marked. Added to which I got 4 Procomp shocks as well for not a lot more than your spring price !!

Glad someone asked this as I was curious what the colour markings meant on my new springs.

I did a search of the technical archives and found this site, is that the one refered to above?

It refers to NRC9449 and 9448 but doesn't give their position on the axle left or right, does this mean it doesn't matter or they did not have that data?

Glad someone asked this as I was curious what the colour markings meant on my new springs.

I did a search of the technical archives and found this site, is that the one refered to above?

It refers to NRC9449 and 9448 but doesn't give their position on the axle left or right, does this mean it doesn't matter or they did not have that data?

Yep, that's the site I was thinking of.

Yes, it does give the fitted position ----

NRC9448

D110 HD, D130

Front drivers side

NRC9449

D110 HD, D130

Front passenger side

Excellent choice, how much did the previous owner pay you to take them away? :ph34r:

OK, I'll add some help: I thought the rears were traditionally beefier than the fronts, certainly the few I've done seemed that way.

Can someone fill me in on why scorpion have a bad name? I wont be giving them business as I know the majority of members are upset with the company but what happened?

fit the longer to the drivers side, reason for this in my 1st reply ^^^^ :D

Sorry to steal the topic further, just wanted to thank Western for the common sense, they were indeed on the wrong sides, fixed now.

By the way, until that scorpion racing thread I had only a vauge understanding of why they're so opposed, now I know.