Scott Williams memorial Challenge 2 12th & 13th July 08

The Bristol and West Off Road Club in assosiation with 4x4 Adventures are holding their second memorial challenge to celebrate the life of one of our dearest members , Scott who sadly departed this world in May last year at a young age of 18 will have the full support of The BWORC members and assosiated freinds to celebrate his memory in the second event of many to come .

Last year was a huge success with all spaces filled rapidly , this year is much the same but we do have 2 spaces left due to cancellations .

The event is aimed at all marques and levels of experience , Its going to be a very enjoyable and social weekend at the popular Culmhead venue near Wellington in Somerset .

Punches and special stages will keep all busy for two days , but dont be put off thinking its an extreme event ,Its going to cater for most . We have some members entering in standard vehicles without winches , but there is a certain criteria that must be met to satisfy the organisers rules .

Camping is avalible and included from Friday night , Event toilets are the only facility that will be provided , Well along with a lot of hospitality and a good laugh .

Details from last years event http://www.4x4adventures.co.uk/_main/_repo...70714_bworc.htm

So If anyone would be interested , express it on here or drop me a PM , remember 2 spaces left .

£80 , fully inclusive .

Thanks

Jase

its going to be a wet weekend again by the looks of it!!! Cant be wetter than 7S this weekend gone though!

Punches will be set out to give EVERYONE something to go for and they are all optional. The emphasis on this weekend is similar to that of the DDC but is organised by BWORC through us - so if you have a vehicle and want to get out for a fun social event drop Jase a line and fill one of those two spaces!

Heres a full list of all attending ,

And I see we have some nice trophys made up for First three in class and smaller ones for all who take part .

No.

1 Andy Welling

2 Shaun Houghton

3 Ian Regan

4 Toni Deacon

5 Dave Smith

6 Jeff & Nic Brimble

7 Chris & Kim Parsons

8 Simon & Tracy Parsons

9 Mike Parsons

10 Robin & Deb Watson

11 Rich Sims

12 Dan Sivier & Rich Denmead

13 Tango

14 Jo Burgess

15 Kris Murphy

16 Austin & Sally Stevens

17 Mark Bunting

18 Kev Gunter

19 Toby & Louise Welburn

20 Ian & Nicky Rubie

21 Robin Jenkins

22 Lard & Stu

23 Kev Saunders & David Dunn

24 Lawrence Horne

25 Dave Hockley

26 Dave Tallboys

27 Tony Chandler

28 Marc Dyer

29 James Pugh

30 Ben Procter

Marshalls

Steve Williams

SS2 Jason Farr

Mark Booth

Steve Gittins

James Trembath

Tim Jones

SS1 Shaun Harris

SS3 Bill Rich

We was going to enter but missed the boat so I thought we might pop down and help out with a bit of marshaling but looks like you might end up with more marshalls than competitors :P .

Are there prizes for marshals ?.

If you get a cancelation let me know Jase.

Bob and Mark - Puggy has entered the comp but is in need of a codriver - i am sure you could both help him with your experience and he would appreciated it. Dont forget it is a fun challenge as well so you dont have to be full on, plus he doesn't want to bend his truck (anymore)

I'm tempted to do away with using a tent all together, I was thinking of bringing the peugeot so I can sleep in the back of that but I'm not sure I want to drive it up the access track... my tent proved it wasn't waterproof from water under it at 7S and I don't think this weekend will be much drier.

I was thinking of bringing the peugeot so I can sleep in the back of that but I'm not sure I want to drive it up the access track...

Sam, should be no problem, Victor gets the Punto up their no bother, even with 4 up, coming back from the pub :D

Opened out the tent in the garage today after Glastonbury few years back and found a 3 foot tear in the outer skin.

Thats £300 of MSR tent in the bin :(

Guess it will be a commute back to Ottery and a nice warm bed :rolleyes:

I think its pretty impressive of James to arrange for en suite shower facilities for every tent on site.

I am going to need to find some lightweight wet weather gear the way things are going. I dont think it has actually stopped raining today since I left the house.

Ben