Seat Cover wanted - what are the nicest makes ?

Hello All,

I have the early 90 seats, with headrests.

I need to replace the 2 front seat "Waterproof Covers" which I have and they have frankly had it, been reapired a few times, now just beyond repair :(

Reason I have hesitated till now is most of the covers on the market seem hopless in terms of a really good tailored fit, more like a "Oversize 1 size bin bag fit all but we'll say custom made for your truck Sir"

So, who makes the nicest best / why / any pics please ?

And No I actaully like the 90 seats and don't want to change them ! :o

Nige

Hello All,

I have the early 90 seats, with headrests.

I need to replace the 2 front seat "Waterproof Covers" which I have and they have frankly had it, been reapired a few times, now just beyond repair :(

Reason I have hesitated till now is most of the covers on the market seem hopless in terms of a really good tailored fit, more like a "Oversize 1 size bin bag fit all but we'll say custom made for your truck Sir"

So, who makes the nicest best / why / any pics please ?

And No I actaully like the 90 seats and don't want to change them ! :o

Nige

Nigel, Badger covers on the NAS, superb fit, separate 3 parts per seat, squab, backrest and head restraint. I went for these because I was fed-up pulling back covers to gain access to seat box. Only 3 piece cover on the market I could find at the time. Unfortunately you will pay freight and duty as they are in America. I also bought my soft-top and bikini top from them. Although they do not recommend washing I chuck them in the washer on low temp wash and drip dry.

http://www.badgercoachworks.com/

Nigel, Badger covers on the NAS, superb fit, separate 3 parts per seat, squab, backrest and head restraint. I went for these because I was fed-up pulling back covers to gain access to seat box. Only 3 piece cover on the market I could find at the time. Unfortunately you will pay freight and duty as they are in America. I also bought my soft-top and bikini top from them. Although they do not recommend washing I chuck them in the washer on low temp wash and drip dry.

http://www.badgercoachworks.com/

Exmoor trim now do a 3 piece set in waterproof canvas that seem well fitted. 168 a pair though :o:o or 158 if your Tony ;);)

Cheers

Steve

Well I've just bought a 2 piece set new for under a fiver. Trouble is I'm not sure whether to use them to protect me from the existing seats for DD duties or to protect the seats from more mud inext time I venture off road.

I got these washable tailor made ones for the Discovery 2

scoveryseat.jpg

so good that they look like the original seats :)

From Oxted Trimming Co Ltd about 3 years ago, don't know if they are still going or not, but I guess they would do Defender ones as well (I am not sure as I was only looking for Disco ones) and there were waterproof fabrics among the fabric samples they sent me so there is no problem getting waterproof ones, they do (did) a couple of sorts of waterproof fabric including one extra heavy duty one that was almost like canvas, IIRC.

If they do Defender ones and they are anything like as good as Discovery ones then I can vouch for the quality - mine are superb. No significant signs of wear after about 3 years and about 25000 miles.

A pair of fronts was a bit under £100 IIRC, expensive but you get what you pay for :)