Defender PTO

tuko

The local Land Rover dealership called this morning with a special request, they were looking for information leading to a Defender PTO for a customers 130.

This customer is unique in the manner that he is allergic to electricity. He lives in the middle of no wheres and has no electricity. Apparently the motor on his tractor produces too much power that makes him ill when he is running the saws or what ever on the little farm he has. Therefore he is seriously looking for a PTO for his Defender.

Is there such a thing avail for Defenders? I think I heard of Maxidrive one time ?? Is there anything avail over on your shores that would suit this guys requirements?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers,

Todd.

A lot of the utility companies use PTO powered winches (HW12??) so the gearbox connection end is about sourceing one might not be easy but they do come up fairly frequently second hand, most of these use a forward facing take of for the winch but the one I have (admittedly on a series) also has a rearward facing drive flange drilled to take a standard land rover prop. Not to sure what would go on the back of the vehicle but I assume something intended for a small tractor could be modified to fit, this would depend on what he is running then a custom propshaft made up to connect them together.

A lot would depend on the sort of power he needed and the sort of money he wanted to spend.

Contact Madmatt. I believe he has a PTO on his 130.

HTH

mike

Did some one shout LOL!!!

Right i do have a PTO but it powers a hydraulic pump. its not like the PTO shaft on a tractor. I think we need more details of what this guy is after running.

Matt

I recently bought a electric company 110 with a mechanical PTO winch on the front which I would sell if anyone is interested I dont need the roof rack either so would sell that to. I have a warn electric winch what I can put on which I took off my previous 90 which suits me better.