Galvanised chassis

JST

Will be replacing the chassis at the beg of Nov.

Chassis arrives end Oct (with luck)

I would like it to be back instead of blingy galvanised colour.

I cant leave it out to fade with time as time will be short and ideally i would like to paint the whole thing prior to fitting anything to it.

So what can i use that will last and not flake off and stick to the galvanised without too much prep work

MVF tractor paint through to POR15 and Halfords enamel have been suggested so far asking about

Thoughts?

You need Mordant solution. (T- Wash) it's a solution of copper sulphate and phosphoric acid, and it turns the zinc black and its ready to paint as soon as you rinse the excess off and let it dry. I got 5 litres made by Dulux / ICI for £9.

ICI Mordant Solution

not shore weather this works (but i'm not going to say it dosen't)

but painting strate on new galvanised some of it will peel off

Guest diesel_jim

I had the chassis on my Q plate 90 galvanised, tried painting the rear crossmember several times:

with plain hammer$hite, then tried priming it etc etc.

each time, after a few hundred miles, it kept getting chipped off, same as the rock sliders too.

I never got good results with POR 15 products, maybe me, maybe them. I use Screwfix no nonsense galv spray for priming ally and galv, followed by a primer then top coat. It's super cheap, and you can weld straight through it, although it niffs a bit if you do :) I've had some for 5 years on me steering guard and it hasn't flaked yet.