Hello from Kent

Hi

just a quick hello. i have been looking around this forum for a while and used some of your techy advice so a big thank you.

i'm pretty new to owning a Landy, since Feb this year, but driven many types of 4x4 over the years.

i bought a '95 Defender 90 300tdi for both the off road fun and the DIY challenges [must be mad]. already made quite a few changes but it is still very much standard. don't think i will lift it, just enjoy it <_<

regards

bm52

post-12080-1223308954_thumb.jpg

hi

thanks for the welcome.

i made up my mind some time ago that any Defender would go almost anywhere [within reason] as a standard vehicle. afterall, i assume that's what they were designed to do!

apart from the side steps and bfg at's it is standard.

have'nt got stuck yet [famous last words] but been close to it tho!

cheers

bm53

thanks for all the welcomes

yep....the 90 is standard apart from the bfg at's and the side steps. right or wrong i assumed that land rover built the best standard off roader.

has'nt let me down so far, been close tho! :rolleyes:

the picture was taken at woodlands. i hear that boxgrove and slindon and a worthwhile challenge? but that is my very limited experience talking.

can you recommend anywhere in west kent / sussex?

cheers

bm52

A standard-looking 90 is a wonderful thing. Massively-tricked out trucks with huge winches, 3" lifts etc are cool...but I just love the look of a standard truck. A few additions like a snorkel and some guards don't hurt though.

And a good set of rubbers on it makes the most difference off-road I find.

Enjoy it, I know I've enjoyed mine so far...and underneath it's all still standard. I'm more interested in making exterior/interior mods like lighting/audio etc than engine/drivetrain stuff :)

the picture was taken at woodlands. i hear that boxgrove and slindon and a worthwhile challenge? but that is my very limited experience talking.

Slindon you have to be a bit wary of nutters in scrap SJ's as it's a bit of a free for all. Good site though.

Possibly a bit far west for you, but the Shire LRC run stuff across Hampshire & into West Sussex.

thanks for all the welcomes

yep....the 90 is standard apart from the bfg at's and the side steps. right or wrong i assumed that land rover built the best standard off roader.

has'nt let me down so far, been close tho! :rolleyes:

can you recommend anywhere in west kent / sussex?

cheers

bm52

Standard Defender on BFG All Terrains is not going to get round half of Slindon. What we call the outback at Slindon needs a vehicle with more aggressive tyres than AT's. If you want to try Slindon give me or GB Mud a PM we marshall there most meetings which is the 4th Sunday of the month. Boxgrove is not quite as severe and is not a regular monthly event. When Boxgrove is open it is always the second Sunday of the month, PM either me or GB Mud to get dates.

BTW, welcome to our forum glad to see another new face, where in Kent? I used to live in T/Wells, Tonbridge and Langton for more years than I care to remember :(

Standard Defender on BFG All Terrains is not going to get round half of Slindon. What we call the outback at Slindon needs a vehicle with more aggressive tyres than AT's. If you want to try Slindon give me or GB Mud a PM we marshall there most meetings which is the 4th Sunday of the month. Boxgrove is not quite as severe and is not a regular monthly event. When Boxgrove is open it is always the second Sunday of the month, PM either me or GB Mud to get dates.

BTW, welcome to our forum glad to see another new face, where in Kent? I used to live in T/Wells, Tonbridge and Langton for more years than I care to remember :(

thanks for the advice and offer.

once it's back on the road i think i will try out Boxgrove.

cheers