defender headlights

Not as LR genuine items, IIRC Wipac do a set

3rd line on this page http://www.wipac.com/uk/acatalog/Headlamps.html stated for LR & other 4x4 vehicles. :D

Quadoptic Halogen Conversion Headlamp Kit

7" Round UK (RHD) Metal Reflector (pair), complete with H4 60/55W bulb, with sidelight

Product Ref: S4698B

post-20-1225401459_thumb.jpg

Edited by western

There used to be something called "angel eyes" advertised in LRO and I think the idea was that a ring of LEDs around the main light unit acted as a sidelight. Or maybe it was supposed to look "cool". Either way I thought they were pretty hideous, but they might do the job if still available?

There used to be something called "angel eyes" advertised in LRO and I think the idea was that a ring of LEDs around the main light unit acted as a sidelight. Or maybe it was supposed to look "cool". Either way I thought they were pretty hideous, but they might do the job if still available?

Agree with you on that one Stephen. :P

As for the original question - I've got the Wipac units in my 110 - had them for about the last 8 years - no problems and work well.

Matt

The separate side lights are one of the many things I love about these trucks.

Shame to do away with them.

I have modern halogens on my truck, with the sidelights wired up, which operate alongside the standard sidelights. Also have led stop/tail lights about 65 quids worth, they are great and i never ever ever have to replace the old loose bulb back into it's holder.....yay!!

Look for Mini headlamps if you want the built in side lights. Actually, there is a genuine LR headlamp with built in sidelight, as the 60th anniversary edition has the side lamp in the headlamp unit. On the 60th the original side lamp position is filled with a 'driving' lamp... and it is all surrounded by a hideous plastic monstrosity!

Chris