Ouch

BogMonster

Coming back from lunch today, stopped at a junction, went to move off then had to stop suddenly again, an instant later the Discovery jumped a little followed by a horrible plasticky splintering noise....

A Shogun Sport had run into the back of me, so we pulled over to investigate damage. Absolutely NO damage to the Discovery at all - not a scratch but a NATO-plus-bracket-sized hole in the plastic front bumper of the Shogun :)

Knew there was a reason I made the hook stick out as far as it does ... all I need now is a label to go on the back bumper with an arrow pointing to the hook saying "Crumple zone: please queue here" :lol:

No, didn't have a camera with me! But if you can visualise the plastic bumper just about touching mine and the NATO having disappeared:

dis2nato.jpg

It wasn't that impressive to look at but probably still into three figures £££ - it's a big bit of plastic and Japanese prices are a bit steep :unsure: Dad ordered a new front grille for his L200 after he put a goose through it and I think it was a couple of hundred!

... all I need now is a label to go on the back bumper with an arrow pointing to the hook saying "Crumple zone: please queue here" :lol:

VeryDisco's got one on her bumper - "I know your BMW is faster but I'm still in front of you" or something like that - to go with the patch of shiny silver paint on her NATO hitch that was all the damage a few months back from some dosy bint in a beemer hitting her hard enough to give her whiplash.

But of course you know that - I recall you beating me to the title change :D