high lift 4 post lift..?

Badger90

I think Machine Mart or similar offered one.

Personally I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole - high lifts don't inspire confidence at the best of times, let alone when you are relying on them to keep your truck off your head! :blink:

I think Machine Mart or similar offered one.

Personally I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole - high lifts don't inspire confidence at the best of times, let alone when you are relying on them to keep your truck off your head! :blink:

just looked.. a hydrualic 4 post ramp isnt much more in price.. and must safer

I find it scary with just one corner in the air on a Hi-lift....

I bought a 4 poster ramp and a friend let me install it on his farm. It is sooooo much better than scrabbling under a truck.

I would not dare do some of the stuff we have done using the ramp on the hi-lift versions.... I don't fancy hauling a transfer box or gearbox out using one of those.....

Neil

I wonder if it is really as scary as it looks?

Are those standard Hi-lifts just pushed into sockets on the frame, or hi-lift mechanisms more securely fixed?

The biggest danger would be if you were letting one corner down and it ran away, assuming you were still concious you'd see the thing keel over and possibly get bent and topple the car off.

I wonder if it is really as scary as it looks?

Are those standard Hi-lifts just pushed into sockets on the frame, or hi-lift mechanisms more securely fixed?

The biggest danger would be if you were letting one corner down and it ran away, assuming you were still concious you'd see the thing keel over and possibly get bent and topple the car off.

to be fair.. it should be ok.. the posts have pins and you support it with that jack.. so they should be ok..

trouble is with having a fixed one.. i havnt got enough room for one so i must say that would do the trick for my use and i do work for other poeple truck so can just pack it up and use it there...

bloody good idea im not guna lie!

I really like the idea of putting a car seat on rollers as a sort of comfy inspection trolley.

Yes it is. Had one at the last garage I worked at. Old car seat on castors. Needs one or two locking ones tho' or else you can prove one of Newtons law regarding opposite and equal reaction :D