6 December, Bampton - The aftermath

lrfarmer

Afraid there will be very few for us,,

Early bath,, join quickest on SS1 for some useful points,, but broke the front QT hockey stick, and CV and/or shaft in SS2

Hey ho,, but please come results time, as gained enough event points to get as high in the series overall as we could,, even if we had won :)

Well done to Steve90 and Ciderman,, :o Sure they will explain all later

Thanks Anton, of OEC and Big Si of X-eng, for series backers,, James for his warped sense of punch set up, ( must have been the toughest today,, and we were only watching for most of it !) and all Marshall's, over the 7 rounds

Others will post up the results, as well as other awards,,

All in all, a excellent year of events,, and for me, some great competitors, and new friends , a friendly Series, when everyone help others if and when needed

Thanks to Sticky and Darren,, could have done any of it without you two :D

PS,, anyone have a truck cab roof,, apply cinderman,,, Again :ph34r:

PS,, anyone have a truck cab roof,, apply cinderman,,, Again :ph34r:

:lol::lol: , Nothing a big rubber mallet wont sort out , Im glad this time when we rolled someone was there with a camera , I think Rich from OEC filmed it and David Bowyer Got some good shots .

It was the hardest one yet , Good ole Trem saved the nasty ones until the last event , There was no way of clearing all the punches on this one in the time , We had two really good SS , Matched Tims 2.00 time on the first and cleared all ten in just under 7 1/2 mins , Everyone had there fair share of problems and breakages including ourselves . Which didnt dampen our spirits too much and it was good to see everyone smileing even though they were all having problems .

The site was the wettest Ive seen it for a couple of years and some of the transit tracks were almost a challenge to get around on .

All the thanks again to James ,Anton and Simon , The marshalls team and all others involved for the whole of the 7 events that we have done , Throughout the year theres been highs and lows but the main thing is that everyone enjoyed themselves , Me and Rich have had a good year and were both shocked that after a dismall afternoon with all that happened we were joint first for the series along with our ole buddies from across the water , Steve90 and Orgasmic Farmer. Well Done fellas although we did all go down the pub after to congratulate each other :rolleyes:

Also Shaunus for winning the series in his class and Russ and Lewis for winng theirs .

ROLL on 2009 , (Pun intended)

Well glad you enjoyed it Jase/Tim.

If it makes you feel better i have just got in from clearing the site and fell over far too many times, plus upto my n*ts in water - think i need a better torch for Christmas!!! got them all though.

i thought i would plan to end the series with a 'big' one! just wanted to keep you all busy. Hope most found enough to do all day, i didnt catch up with many on the day and missed some competitors completely, pics that i have to follow.

Jase- Rich has the video of it apparantly and will upload it in due course, let me know if you get a link before me!

Bad luck on the SS Tim but good time for You and Jase.

Tony, shame Les couldn't make it, Ian was there as well, Sticky was also free for a 'fair' bit of the day!

i will post scores for the event and series tomorrow once everything has been double checked!! i think most know the results from above anyway. Writeup to follow in due course. if anyone has any pictures please could they send them on.

Lastly just to say thank you to OEC and X-Eng who along with the dedicated Marshalls have been great throughout the year. thank you guys.

Bad luck on the SS Tim but good time for You and Jase.

Sticky was also free for a 'fair' bit of the day!

Very funny !!! would have been good to do a tad more,,

Did wait a while, for you do strip the site,, and missed the pub, by the sound of it :(

oh i see like that is it :( :( :( :( :( :(

Fantastic event all was goin well until 0930 when lockers packed up, snaped front winch rope at least 10 times, clutch pedal was stuck down, had a stick come through pasinger footwell and rip wires off starter motor apart from that not at all a bad day. Well done to Jase and Steve. Thanks to James, Anton, big Si for the recovery kit. .....hope to see you all soon. :P

After spending a cold night in the woods camping Dawn cooked a great breakfast, wild mushroom and rabbit omelette made from quail eggs topped with fresh water cress from the stream ;) .

We were finished at 10am with the drop arm bolt sheered off the bottom of the steeing box :( and wondering how we would get the AA man all the way to over to punch 10?.

While walking back we came accros two figures walking towards us in the murky distance, Dawn said "thats Tim" I said "no it cant be, he is competing with Sticky". Fortunately for us they had broke down even before we had and helped us back by using the front winch to turn the wheels by putting the hook into the beadlocker.

The biggest challenge was getting the trailer to the truck without taking the side out of the parked vehicles, the access track was a little narrow and thanks to Liz, Tim, Russ and Lewis for all your help. Only inches to spare at times.

The lads had a slightly better time but their award at the end of the day was well deserved. When doing punch 8 a branch came up through the passenger floor and ripped the cable off the solonoid :blink: .

The four of us have enjoyed the series from start to finish and it was not quite the same without Ian and Tom yesterday. Anyway, we are looking forward to next year and seeing most of you at various events. Time to get the spanners out and alter things a little.

Thanks to Si, Anton, James and all the marshalls for their efforts throughout the year.

A "BIG" hand to you James for all the effort and organising you've done through the year, Its defiantly been a Challenge with great events with thrills and spills from start to finish.

I thought I checked and double checked my Landy before the event, stripping down my 8274's after the previous back to back weekend problems, only to find 30 mins into the event front winch went BANG again. I could not believe it not again, Towel and Throw came to mind more than once......pulled ourselves backwards for 2 hours, breaking the rear rope 4 or 5 times, short pulls of about 10m was all we could do come the end.

Popped up to SS and swapped winches round, on one SS reversed back hard against a long embankment when my passenger door opened and was ripped off, Geees.

Having arrived back to the main challenge area the day was almost over, chatted to Liz near the main entrance looking for a couple of easy punches, Liz finally picked herself up and tried to stopped laughing whilst saying James's site. :lol: . Anyway there was only one punch area not in use so with nothing else to do or gain we had a pop at it (can't remember the number) which drew a crowd and a round of applause when we finally finished it, thank you for that.

To all you guys that competed this year it’s been a pleasure knowing you, and especially in my group.

Anton and Simon you've been great, and I hope "WE" the competitors have entertained you through the year.

Big hand to the Marshals,

Thanks again to all.

It's hard not to sound like an echo here now.

But Mr Trembath set up some challenging events all year and a real cracker yesterday. I don't know where he gets his inspiration from. But a big thankyou for all the effort you put in, both in sourcing the sites and for securing 2 great sponsors.

In our class the other teams were a joy to compete against. All good natured banter from the off and still able to have a laugh with each other at the end of the series.

A big thanks also to Anton and Si. For providing the trophy's, prizes and for the food and hot drinks on site. That was an absolute godsend on the 2 dayer.

Also to the marshals for coming out in all weathers to see us make fools of ourselves weekend after weekend.

A shame it's not happening next year but other circumstances take priority. So here's looking forward to Adv 4x4 series in 2020 :P .

2020 ? Im sure James will get a pass long before that time . :lol:

Forgive him Jase,

He`s still recovering from yesterday. :P:P

All that exercise :lol::lol: . its obviously pickled his brain!!! :ph34r::ph34r:

Forgive him Jase,

He`s still recovering from yesterday. :P:P

All that exercise :lol::lol: . its obviously pickled his brain!!! :ph34r::ph34r:

I know. I didn't agree at the beginning of the season to crawl about in mud up to my thighs for you. You said it would be easy. Like a hard day greenlaning

Yes I did. I thought he was a fine upstanding honourable pillar of the community :o . Now I know he nothing but a lying toe rag, who thinks nothing of getting me cold, wet and he even run me over on 1 event because he said "you aren't running around fast enough" :huh:

Ian.

You'll have to be patient. I think that James is still stuck in the deep mud on site or more than likely he's still washing and polishing his truck after he got a small stone stuck in the tyre tread :P

Event results are as the day, just not had chance to go back through anything else yet, sorry had a funeral to go to yesterday and an engine to shift this am so will confirm all else then - bit busy currently - sorry

Ian.

You'll have to be patient. I think that James is still stuck in the deep mud on site or more than likely he's still washing and polishing his truck after he got a small stone stuck in the tyre tread :P

I hear his slippers fell out in the mud, phoned someone to go to Trago Mills to grab another tweed pair and bring them over to Bampton before he could get back into his Landy :rolleyes: .

Trago Mills. I'll have you know that our esteemed friend is a Burtons man through and through :lol: . I would say more tiger print than tweed though. Did his man servant not bring them over. What is the gentry coming to by not having their "man" to sort things out.

James

No worries. No need to apologise or explain. If things don't get done then they don't get done ;) .