www.defendercentre.co.uk

I am searching a 110 Hard Top from 2002 on and found a couple on www.defendercentre.co.uk

Is there any experience known with that company?

Are the vehicles really as good as statet with "comprehensive warranty" etc.?

Any goods or bads?

Please let me know here, via the board message or peter@nakatanenga.de

ZHX

Peter

Have bought from them in the past, Marc is very polite and helpful. Well reccommended. I must say, just looked on their site, that 110 ht td5 AUTO is a real peach, am thinking about that one myself, but what to do with my 300 tdi hardtop! :o

I'd heard nothing but good reports, so some time ago arranged to go and view a 90 they had on my only day off in my wife's car (a Mini) 60 miles in the ice and fog. Got there, bit empty. But after some knocking and about 20 mins of freezing in the cold the door was answered by a little old lady who wasn't keen on letting strangers in her home, understandably. The lady (Mark's Mum i think she is, who lives in the farmhouse) managed to get hold of them he said we could have a look round what was outside and not locked away and come back another time because he had something else on...

I didn't.

I bought my Defender 110 Station Wagon from them. I would buy from them again.

Marc understands two very important words. "customer satisfaction"

Not only that, ALL warrenty work was honoured.

I had two problems in the first month. A water pump which Marc supplied and I fitted. A clutch for which I took the car back and was given a loan car.

I can't rate the company high enough.

mike

I'd heard nothing but good reports, so some time ago arranged to go and view a 90 they had on my only day off in my wife's car (a Mini) 60 miles in the ice and fog. Got there, bit empty. But after some knocking and about 20 mins of freezing in the cold the door was answered by a little old lady who wasn't keen on letting strangers in her home, understandably. The lady (Mark's Mum i think she is, who lives in the farmhouse) managed to get hold of them he said we could have a look round what was outside and not locked away and come back another time because he had something else on...

I didn't.

thats a bit of a pisser

I'd say Dunc's situation must have been a misunderstanding...

I drove 300 miles to see him, in bad conditions, and he gave me times when he'd be there, how to get hold of him if I needed and the best way to come.

I couldn't have asked for more.

Stephen

I didn't.

One out of ten slightly negatve finding. That in this day and age is very good.

mike

had my ex-mil 110 off him back in 2003 it was a direct release from MOD and has been superb. I only needed a couple of minor oil leak jobs doing about a month after I had it which Marc's guys sorted no problems.

The nice thing about Marc is his attitude to people after he has completed the sale. He let me crawl under and measure up other 110s after I had bought mine to complete my gearbox/engine swap. This was invaluable to get an idea of what went where and which bits I needed.

I would have no hesitation buying another from him.

I think from memory he is closed after 12pm on Saturday and not sure he is open Sunday, but a quick telephone call will confirm.

Pete

When i bought my second one, the white one in my avatar ' wallace' marc didnt have any thing suitable, so I searched around, and found this at Marple Road Garage, in Stockport. Very impressed with there service too. I phoned up about 11.30 on the thursday and asked for some piccies, Tim said he would be off to lunch soon, but gave in quickly, and within the hour I had an e-mail with about 10 pics, showing the rear crossmember, interior, door edges and bottoms, sides etc. it did look very good. '98 300 110 ht. (3 years ago) So I agreed to view it on sat morn, which meant driving up from kent in our '76 VW bay window camper. Spent the night in car park in Chesterfield looking at crooked spire. arrived at about 9 am, as he was opening up. He had stored it overnight in the workshop, and I must say I was bowled over, For a working vehicle with 80k on the clock, it did look new , I kid you not. The deal was done after a ramp inspection, test drive, and haggling over accessories. However there was a delay of about 2 weeks as the previous owners, ( Severn Trent Water) had provided a comprehensive service record, but no log book.! Any way Very pleased with the service from either garage. One thing I would say, Tim at Marple Road Garage is very particular about what he buys. None of his stuff has been touched up, as far as I know, maybe a tad dearer than some, but I spent about 3 weeks looking for a good one, and I DID look at some carp for the same sort of money. Anyway on the 250 mile drive home , with full roof rack, managed to squeeze 30mpg out of it. I love it bits I do! :rolleyes:

those 2 conniston green 110 td5's do look nice, and they WILL be as good as they look, BUT I still rather like the 110 td5 AUTO ht and defender centre. An auto 1110 td5, well I bet that's the biz, imagine that one chipped, aand tweaked!, Shame its white, BUT a respray IS cheaper than an auto conversion!!!!!!!! DESCISIONS!!!!!!!! Do let us know!!. Stumpy.

The bodywork can be changed.

The steering column will be the one of the newer vehicle.

The interior is anyways not much different to a "modern" Defender.

It will be a Td5 van /comercial and with comercials the restrictions are not that hard.

The longer i think of it: 110 accident (no writeoff) WANTED!