Getting our feet wet

Ryan

It may have passed some people by, but yesterday and last night there was a bit of precipitation down here in the south. So what does any good Land Rover owner do? Go play in the water of course!

Apologies for the rough and ready look to the vid, I just chucked everything together with bare minimum of editing.

Edit: actually should this be here or vids? It's a bit of both...

It can get deep down there. We spotted this floating around (and nudging the footbridge) a few weeks ago. They must have been determined to go boating as they will have driven past two lots of 'Road Closed' signs.

Ahh well.

med_gallery_11785_758_132349.jpg

The dipstick said 4' bang on which is the deepest I've seen it, it was 3'8" when we arrived and you could watch it coming up the road towards you :blink:

I didn't take the Freebie through, it floats at about 18" deep and loses traction :lol: but it was great on the back lanes.

It can get deep down there. We spotted this floating around (and nudging the footbridge) a few weeks ago. They must have been determined to go boating as they will have driven past two lots of 'Road Closed' signs.

Ahh well.

med_gallery_11785_758_132349.jpg

from look of picture there must be an officer with very wet feet

FF -

Burnt house lane heading back to peel common, 9pm. Series 2. Bouncing along. plonk. right hand light goes out from water sploshing around in headlight from wading a few days before. 10m further on, plonk, left hand bulb goes out as water sploshes around.

was an interesting drive back on side lights only...

Turning them off while wading will stop them going straight away, but they still need emptying later otherwise, as I found out, it can make a slow drive some nights later :)

At about 1:30 - can I see red and blue flashing lights in the distance?? Not suggesting that anyone was breaking the law, but would love to hear what the opinions of the Fuzz were if it was them...??

It was indeed - they turned up, told us the highways boys would likely be down to close the road in a bit and to enjoy it while it lasted :lol: