Bargain Gasless MIG

A Twig

This No Gas Turbo Fan Cooled MIG welder knocks spots off the rest.

Complete with FREE ACCESSORY KIT comprising - Spool of MIG Wire, face shield, chipping hammer / wire brush!

Shouldn't that be 'knock the spatters off all the rest'

Why do you need a chipping hammer with a MIG welder?

Les.

• 2 weeks later...
Why do you need a chipping hammer with a MIG welder?

Because gasless MIG produces slag over the weld pehaps? ;)

Some of us do all of our welding outside and although I agree that it is messy and splattery and more difficult than normal MIG, I would assert that gasless has it's place and shouldn't be dismissed out of hand. This particular welder though, I know nothing about and so can't comment.

I'm in a minority of one (again) then. :unsure:

I bought a gas/gas less setup three years ago and use it 80% of the time on gas less. It's not as good as with gas but it's adequate (quite good when you get settings sorted), quick and easy and you don't run out of gas at the critical moment. If I've a criticism it's not the weld or splatter it's the brown fog it creates which obscures the weld pool and fogs your mask (I can create my own brown fog without the welder's help) :o

Also (this may shock you) there's more out there to weld than just Land Rovers! Since discovering that 'that sparky thing' sticks metal together my wife's had me mend dog guards, fabricate hanging basket brackets, etc, etc. Gas less? Perfect for these jobs.

Totally agree with previous comments about buying quality kit. If you're going to use it a lot. But for the occasional 'critical' job wouldn't you be better spending the money you saved getting it done professionally?

• 2 weeks later...