Footwear for challenge event

After seeing how the big boys do the events- with Nev's patented roll of gaffa tape over his boots, is there an easier alternative? My old danners got a bit humid in the fracas.

Hi I use Le Chameau shooting boots never had cold or wet feet for the last 3 years of use. Their a bit pricey but with these on and a pair of gortex gaiters Im sorted.

I reckon the best bet for the wet / mddy / steep sites is a pair of rugby boots on a winch biatch.

You're feet won't stay dry but then if you're doing it properly no other boots will keep you dry either!! :lol:

what he said. done me very well over the last 4 odd years biatching for Mr turner. no worries about slipping and sliding, you can take the direct root striaght up the slope. the only down side is rocks - - for which I change my studs for rubber ones - -e.g. Kirton or similar. The other down side - because you can go where no normal shoes can take you, you will need some stamina and some good legs :lol: as Adrian is now finding out..... :lol::ph34r:

I reckon the best bet for the wet / mddy / steep sites is a pair of rugby boots on a winch biatch.

You're feet won't stay dry but then if you're doing it properly no other boots will keep you dry either!! :lol:

both pigster & i use studded boots (rubber studs, metal slides on rock) ;)

i'm using jungle boots and these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sealskinz-Mid-Light-...1742.m153.l1262 and they work my boots where full of mud and slop but feet were dry

^^^^^^ I agree, best £20 I ever spent, use them with any shoes and still have dry feet, best ones are the longer Country socks, knee length but £40! Usefull when the waters that bit deeper then you thought :rolleyes:

Brookers

all very good having this stuff - - but to be honest - If your doing it properly - e.g. wading through chest deep to make sure the car and driver will make it through - your gona be wet, and filthy. why spend out on stuff that will get trashed in minutes, or will sorta keep your dry in a puddle but not whilst wading - other than a dry suit you have no chance. All the biatch needs to be concerned about is grip - - without that you get run over.. :lol:

cheap pair of boots and socks to go with it - -a little duck tape to stop the laces coming undone and job done. you will not notice the cold, wet, mud whilst competeing because you should be running about all day - -I am rarely in the car on these events - no point, wastes time - -its quicker to run about.

just my pennies worth.

Yep, I'm using seal skins country socks (may get some lighter weight ones for the summer events) and an old pair of boots which leak 'a bit' - when these die I'll be getting a pir of Jungle boots.

all very good having this stuff - - but to be honest - If your doing it properly - e.g. wading through chest deep to make sure the car and driver will make it through - your gona be wet, and filthy. why spend out on stuff that will get trashed in minutes, or will sorta keep your dry in a puddle but not whilst wading - other than a dry suit you have no chance. All the biatch needs to be concerned about is grip - - without that you get run over.. :lol:

cheap pair of boots and socks to go with it - -a little duck tape to stop the laces coming undone and job done. you will not notice the cold, wet, mud whilst competeing because you should be running about all day - -I am rarely in the car on these events - no point, wastes time - -its quicker to run about.

just my pennies worth.

There you go grumbleweed, i hope you are taking notes :lol:

just my pennies worth.

Got to agree with my mate ............. it's about getting the job done! it's not about ''staying dry'' you need to know how deep stuff is and if there's anything in there thats going to damage the car or get it so stuck your waste load's of time getting it out...... Good boot's for the driver as he's sat still and will get very cold :rolleyes::P

Grip load's of it......... plus being fit'ish, light and fast help............. i'm none of those!!! :ph34r::lol::rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

toggles work well to keep laces together and easier to undo when wet etc instead of tape

go for light weight to reduce the effort you need to exert. make sure thats light weight either dry or wet and something with ankle support is ideal.

personally i dont bother with the waterproof side of it, when running around the water in the boots which will get in there what ever you do will soon warm up, even on cold days, if your feet get cold move faster.

Jase - i thought you wore slippers?

• 2 weeks later...

cheap (£20) hiking boots and a pr of gaitors and gaffer tape round the top (not too tight as it cuts the circulation) to stop em falling down

for £20 you can afford to bin em at the end of the season

as said above if ur not in slop above your knees your not doing it properly

A pair of long military goretex socks will keep your feet dry, you can then wear what works best over the top of them.

Colin.

Good pair of relocated employers "Gortex" steel toe-capped, steel mid-soled, booits do the job just nicely,

Handy the lads the same size to, and the more you get through, the further they think your walkin, wished I was on bonus.

Also handy being steelys for when I run him over again.