Series 3 Wheels

djbrookes

Hi,

I am looking to change the wheels on my Series 3. I currently have a tatty old set of Disco 1 steels on it. I understand I can fit any Disco 1 or Defender steel wheels? I was really hoping that it may be somehow possible to fit a set of alloys...Can anybody tell me if this is possible at all?

I have totally stock Series axles (with drums) and would prefer not to have to put spacers on them due to being told they do more damage than good.

Even better than Alloys would be if I could fit a set of wheels which would give me a wider track, is there any wheels out there which will do this?

Any help would be great and if you can tell me where to get them would be even better! :-)

Thanks in advance,

Josh

Hi,

I am looking to change the wheels on my Series 3. I currently have a tatty old set of Disco 1 steels on it. I understand I can fit any Disco 1 or Defender steel wheels? I was really hoping that it may be somehow possible to fit a set of alloys...Can anybody tell me if this is possible at all?

I have totally stock Series axles (with drums) and would prefer not to have to put spacers on them due to being told they do more damage than good.

Even better than Alloys would be if I could fit a set of wheels which would give me a wider track, is there any wheels out there which will do this?

Any help would be great and if you can tell me where to get them would be even better! :-)

Thanks in advance,

Josh

AFAIK no rover factory alloy wheel will fit a series axle unless machined. There where aftermarket alloys which could fit but i am unsure which.

G

i have alloys on my series 3, but i have no idea what make they are, they were fitted to a rangerover my brother bought, so i stole them

heres a pic or two

i think they are 7 inch wide, and have quite a lot of offset on them.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I have been looking around and have seen a set called ZU Alloys which look really good and apparently they will fit.

HOWEVER......I have no idea where to get them, I have phoned my local Landy place and they had no idea what I was talking about.

I know its a long shot but anyone on here heard of them?

Thanks

Josh

I found this thread on Difflock, but it says they're 15inch.

Also, on Wolfrace Wheels website, they say: "Available also with a deeper dish, the Slot-Mag proved a very successful flagship for the Wolfrace range. Ranging from 5x10 to 8.5x15 inch in various offsets, this wheel looked great on anything from an Austin to an Aston."

I found this thread on Difflock, but it says they're 15inch.

Also, on Wolfrace Wheels website, they say: "Available also with a deeper dish, the Slot-Mag proved a very successful flagship for the Wolfrace range. Ranging from 5x10 to 8.5x15 inch in various offsets, this wheel looked great on anything from an Austin to an Aston."

Trouble is they were fitted to anything from and Austin to an Aston!!!!

OK in the Seventies but badly dated now.

Marc.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I have been looking around and have seen a set called ZU Alloys which look really good and apparently they will fit.

HOWEVER......I have no idea where to get them, I have phoned my local Landy place and they had no idea what I was talking about.

I know its a long shot but anyone on here heard of them?

Thanks

Josh

Swear word on here they are form Scrapiron Racing among others. Just look at any LR magazine.

Not promoting them but a question was asked and it would be bad manners not to answer him.

Marc.