Challenger 4x4 round 3

D3DPE

Hi Treebloke,

I'm the secretary and chief marshal for the event and I'm afriad to say that entries have now closed. We close entries a week before the event so that we have time to be able to sort out all the paperwork needed for the event, as we all work full time and have to do the club stuff in our spare time.

Maybe if your still interested we might see you at the next event competing. You are more than welcome to come this event and be a spectator though.

Sara

maybe its the 60 grand motor that puts you in expert class in a clubman competition :rolleyes:

QUOTE (Adrian Turner @ Jun 17 2009, 09:53 AM)

My money's on car 38 if it runs all day sorry Dan!

how much money :D how about a wager

I'm up for that........ how about Bugger&coffee......... Dan will cover my end :wub:

Well apart from swapping a tyre over, which will leave me spareless (real word ? ) I reckon not much more to do :D Gunna pick up borrowed trailer friday and pack up tent ect, Anyone taking a TV so we can watch qualifying ? Or the race on sunday if i get a puncture early on :rolleyes:

Hi Treebloke,

I'm the secretary and chief marshal for the event and I'm afriad to say that entries have now closed. We close entries a week before the event so that we have time to be able to sort out all the paperwork needed for the event, as we all work full time and have to do the club stuff in our spare time.

Maybe if your still interested we might see you at the next event competing. You are more than welcome to come this event and be a spectator though.

Sara

Thankyou, maybe next time.

Definition of "Expert"

Expert is a 2 part word

Part 1, "Ex" definition of Ex = a has been

Part 2, "spert" definition of spurt = a drip under pressure

Summary; definition of an expert is, "A has been drip under pressure",

Does Adrian fall into this catagory ???? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Definition of "Expert"

Expert is a 2 part word

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: For Sure :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

See you all Saturday and Sunday

Definition of "Expert"

Expert is a 2 part word

Twiggy i'll get you back :rolleyes:

Right......... I'm back from Ireland... Quick shower and about to walk out the door again!! SWMBO is dealing with the week's washing.......God I'm going to pay for this!!

Hope the truck is already there.......................haven't heard otherwise!!!

See you all later or tomorrow!!

Great event. Really impressed with the site which has a lot more potential than I initially thought.

Well done to Paul, Lucy, Sara, Paul & Richard & all the other marshals who had a fairly stressful time of it all.

Just one minor point, when prizegiving commences and it is noted that thanks to all who organised the event are due, a round of applause is customary.

Otherwise, well pleased with the result :P

first off thanks to lucy paul for the jacket hehehe, seriously thanks to you and all the marshalls for a fantastic day !!!!!!!!!!!!. . sorry if we made all your hard work feel unappreciated but i am dam sure we did all give a round of applause to show our appreciation for a your hard work !!!! it was a brilliant day ( mainly because me and kelly came joint first hahaha), altho i must admit i had some concerns when walking the punches yesterday that some were quite severe, but on the day after some looking at them and a bit of thinking ( brain still hurts now ) they turned out to be not too bad , which again is a credit to yourself and all who set them up . . so thanks again and look forward to seeing at the next chalenge. . jay

Great event. Really impressed with the site which has a lot more potential than I initially thought.

Well done to Paul, Lucy, Sara, Paul & Richard & all the other marshals who had a fairly stressful time of it all.

Just one minor point, when prizegiving commences and it is noted that thanks to all who organised the event are due, a round of applause is customary.

Otherwise, well pleased with the result :P

What have you done to my car?! :o

Seriously though, well done. Gutted I couldn't make it... But pleased Dad found such a worthwhile co-driver.. :rolleyes:

Hi all,

Hope you had a good day and all enjoyed yourselves. Here are the results from the event:

Class 1

Joint 1st – Nick Anderson and Nev Hudd (Expert). Punch Score = 1980, Special Stage = 499, Total Score = 2479

Joint 1st – Chris Kelly and Jason White (Novice). Punch Score = 2000, Special Stage 479, Total Score = 2479

2nd – Steve Beck and Adrian Bayley (Expert). Punch Score = 1740, Special Stage = 459, Total Score = 2199

3rd – Nick Shurrock and Matt Gomme (Intermediate). Punch Score = 1600, Special Stage = 409, Total Score = 2009

4th – Andy Nash and Dom Brione (Expert). Punch Score = 1440, Special Stage = 399, Total Score = 1839

5th – Peter Roberts and Ben Burge (Intermediate). Punch Score = 1360, Special Stage 439, Total Score = 1799

6th – Chris Berryman and Lee Brodierick (Expert). Punch Score = 1260, Special Stage = 429, Total Score = 1689

7th – Barry Benjamin and Steve Law (Novice). Punch Score = 1200, Special Stage 379, Total Score = 1579

8th – Peter Jackson and Richard Norris (Expert). Punch Score = 1500, Special Stage = 0, Total Score = 1500

9th – Richard Bunce and Howard Stone (Novice). Punch Score = 900, Special Stage 389, Total Score = 1289

10th – Mark Clifford-Daly and John Bedford (Novice). Punch Score = 1200, Special Stage = 0, Total Score = 1200

11th – Adrian Catchpole and Mark Catchpole (Intermediate). Punch Score = 1040, Special Stage 0, Total Score = 1040

12th – Andrew Beck and Mike Hind (Expert). Punch Score = 660, Special Stage = 369, Total Score = 1029

13th – Graham Mitchell and Ben Bradley (Expert). Punch Score = 1020, Special Stage 0, Total Score = 1020

14th – John Norton and Mike Norton (Expert). Punch Score = 720, Special Stage = 0, Total Score = 720

15th – Dan Elias and Richard Wetherley (Expert). Punch Score = 420, Special Stage 0, Total Score = 420

Class 2

1st – Ian Corfield and Emma Corfield (Intermediate). Punch Score = 1520, Special Stage = 489, Total Score = 2009

2nd – John Saines and Neil Whitford (Novice). Punch Score = 1300, Special Stage 449, Total Score = 1749

3rd – Kevin Moss and Rob Jones (Expert). Punch Score = 1320, Special Stage = 359, Total Score = 1679

4th – Andrew Billingham and Elie Joseph (Novice). Punch Score = 700, Special Stage = 419, Total Score = 1119

5th – Ben Champion and Martin Champion (Novice). Punch Score = 200, Special Stage 469, Total Score = 669

6th – Phil Atkins and Andy Griffiths (Novice). Punch Score = 400, Special Stage = 0, Total Score = 400

We look forward to seeing you at the next event at Slindon in August, Sara

Many thanks to all who assisted us on our first attempt today, We were very happy with 9 punches as we had a huge learning curve,

I have never driven in a comp and my co-pilot had never even seen a comp before !

Very nicely laid out event, And plenty of spectaters also ,

Looking forward to the next time the truck is spare for me to use again

Well, Adrian and I had a reasonably good day, despite a rather unfortunate end.

I am somewhat curious why we didn't score anything for the special stage though. :(

Thanks to all the marshals, and to a well organised event once more :)

Cheers

Mark (Car 4)

Oops!!! Really sorry Mark, you scored 359 for the special stage which would have bumped your score up to 1399 which has put you in 9th position. Sorry to you and the other people who have now gone down a place because of my error.

I would just like to say a special thankyou to Mark and Adrian for all your help with the incident, if we had a spirit of the event trophy you would have got it!!!!

P.S. Has anyone heard how Steve is?

Lucy

x

Dan and pig, Did you kill the truck or did dan do the usual on its roof thing again,

Carl.

Well....

The new look front end of the truck and rear rad work very well! we got of to a flying start then had alot of 'clutch pack slip' then lost all forward motion, we could go back wards tho but we didnt fancy reversing the hole site! So after 7 punches and 20 mins in to the event we parked up! There was some very good punches set out, wish we had got to drive them tho! :blink::unsure:

It was good to watch from the side lines tho, seeing how everyone else did everything! :)

Thanks to Lucy and Paul and all the team that were involved.

Bring on the next round!

Dan

Oops!!! Really sorry Mark, you scored 359 for the special stage which would have bumped your score up to 1399 which has put you in 9th position. Sorry to you and the other people who have now gone down a place because of my error.

I would just like to say a special thankyou to Mark and Adrian for all your help with the incident, if we had a spirit of the event trophy you would have got it!!!!

P.S. Has anyone heard how Steve is?

Lucy

x

Thanks Lucy, ;)

I did wonder if we had scored 0 for threatening to push you in the lake.... :P

Will let Barry update you on Steve's condition, as he has the most information at the moment, rather than hearing it secondhand.

Cheers

Mark

I would never do such a thing!!!!!

I have heard from Barry this morning and Steve is as well as can be expected, he has broken the small bone it the leg in two places and the large bone has a clean break just above the knuckle at the ankle. He has had to have an operation this morning to have it pinned and will be out of action for at least 6 weeks!!

Paul and I wish him well and hope he is back home soon xxx

Lucy

x

Thanks for a cracking event. A very difficult site to conquer, so well done to those who managed high scores. As has been said, some of the punches looked worse than they actually were, so well done to the team setting out!

Quite a sad and quike shocking way to end the day from my point of view. Steve had been doing a sterling job for Barry all day and just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Just goes to show how quickly things can happen.

I would like to commend the reactions of all involved, especially Sara as the first marshall at the scene and the Nurse Practitioner (sorry, I didn't catch your name) who both took control of the situation with very calm heads.

Many thanks also to the guys who helped directing the Doctor and Ambulance crew at the site entrance (didn't catch your names either, sorry).

Regards

Adrian