Where to fit an amp in a def 90

Well i'm putting rear speakers in which shall be 6x9's and i found some great 1000watt ones, I like my music loud :D anyway, obviously the head unit cant do them justice so i want to fit an amp somewhere discreet as possible. I like the space available on the bulkhead behind the seats.... Is it possible? Or maybe behind the seats? Any ideas would be welcome, and apologies for all of those who hate loud music players in advance im sure i'll get some stick. Oh and just so you know, i listen to fleetwood mac, supertramp, 311, neil young and so on so you dont have to worry your encouraging another drum and bass lout :lol:

just out of interest where in the back are you mounting your speakers? i will be doin this soon and am open for ideas, any pictures?

seen some nice aftermarket rear speaker mounts on ebay month or so back but none have been on since, made by those defendoor people

if you dont have or wanted to remove the centre seat for a cubby box you could mount it upside down underneath if you made your own, thats mu plan but will also have to make so mounts in the roof of the truck cab somehow :)

dave

my amp is in my cubby box along with my radio and c.b.-it is a security cubby box, And my speakers are attached to the hardtop sides right behind my seats in my 90 using something i made up not great but does the job

My amp is under the cubby box which is raised 2" on pillars, at the front one in each corner, a piece of tube with a bolt through it and the seat box with the nut on the underside.

The rear of the cubby is fixed with a side plate each side and single bolt so it hinges back for access.

John

while on the mention of subs enclosures i bet you could make a perfect size twin box that would fit straight in between the rear wheel boxes and also double as a parcel shelf for the 6x9 (altho better sound will be produced by a nice set of componants)

dave

while on the mention of subs enclosures i bet you could make a perfect size twin box that would fit straight in between the rear wheel boxes and also double as a parcel shelf for the 6x9 (altho better sound will be produced by a nice set of componants)

dave

indeed - and probably very easy to do.

But how do you protect the speakers from damage when you chuck your wellies in the back, or towropes with shackles etc?

we use to fit perspex over the front well ventilated with simple holes or a designed logo, or how we use to do it back in the day (4 years or so ago :) ) is to put it in a twin box type thingy, so you get a boom on the out and in stroke of the subs, altho these arent small

dave