Giving Credit Where Its Due

adam5809

I have been using Brit-car for a couple of years now and have nothing but praise for Duncan, (just be prepared for a long chat if he is having a quiet day.)

I recently used LRSeries for the first time and although I did get all the parts I ordered, one part took over a month to come and the communications were less than ideal, I will also probably not be using them in the future.

Pete.

Well i thaught i should probably post my experiences with LRSeries here now i've been burned too.

Hmm, so the thing is you first have to pay them something before they are picking up the phone or reply to the e-mail? Tried to contact them twice via email and 3 times by phone, but haven't heard anything yet.

So I went to Britcar instead. Nice & helpful so far, picking up the phone and helping me out searching for prices and availability. And even reply to my email in the late evening. I'm impressed so far.

My experience with them is mixed. At one time, they get things out pretty fast. But when they just are not in the mood and things aren't going their way, hell goes loose!!! And at one time a delay to which it was no fault of mine led to a reply with SOLID CUP LOCKS (from them)unsure.gif . Holy earth!!!! 'Are they yelling at me', I thought???? WE exchanged heavy words to which I simply had to beg for mercy. I felt like an overpowered dog!! I gave in and praised them since my distance is far off and anything could happen. I got the brake disk several weeks after. I have since then resorted to DLS and they send items over night to me!!!!

Have friends who have visited their locality and you should see how messy it looks like!! No wonder they have no control and yeah be even happy you receive your goodshuh.gif I have proof-of-purchase seal so if anyone things I am dicting a story, hands up!!!

recently in the past few weeks I have blown a fortune on parts for my 90, using both LRS and Paddocks, both have provided a stunning service with all parts arriving on time and correctly specified. Very happy with both :)

Special mention must also go to Mr Gwyn Lewis, supplied me with a new rear prop for my 90, soon as I saw he did them I orderd one off the back of great service twice before (he even delivered parts to my hotel near his workshop whilst I was on business once). The prop arrived a day after I ordered and I have nothing but praise for the bloke. Spot on :)

Well my bank has come back to me and said they cant do anything becuase i paid with Maestro and not Mastercard. I'll be going to speak to trading standards this morning as apparently they're the people that deal with enforcing the DSR.

I've since placed an order with Paddocks, LRDirect and Brit-car.

LRDirect stuff arrived yestarday and they've kindly swapped out a pair of "allmakesOE" bearings that i paid extra for, for some britpart ones, so i've emailed them about gettin them changed.

Brit-car called me about 20mins after i placed the order, confirmed the shipping costs and said the parts would probably arrive with him on thursday, so i should have them friday or monday.

Nothing from Paddocks yet.

Ye, but the bearings dont even have a manufacturers name on them, and quality parts are pretty much always marked...

The difference between the Allmakes and Genuine was a bout a quid, but since it said OE i figured it would be fine, if it hadnt been OE i'd just have ordered the genuine bearings. the Britpart bearings were a quid cheaper than the allmakes one on the website too, so they've charged more for a cheaper part :(

I am in the process of sorting out my second order with LR Series.

My first order was for a OEM spec Defender speedo transducer. The part that arrived was in a plain box, and the quality of the part was plain dreadful.

I couldn't get in touch by phone so had to contact them via email. I complained about the quality and said I wanted to return it. This prompted a phone call from them. We discussed my concerns and I ordered the genuine item for an extra £3 and returned the 'OEM' part, they paid all postage. The gen part arrived in a gen parts bag and the difference in quality was obvious. The 'OEM' one looked like it would fall apart given half a chance; bad even by Britpart standards!

My latest order is for the blue Defender speedo drive gear. After previous experiences I ordered the genuine part.

The part that arrived was in a plain resealable bag, and quite honestly it looked carp! Again phone contact was attempted, but no joy. So I sent an email explaining that the part I ordered was a genuine item, but this looked like a cheapy cheapy one. I asked for them to send the genuine part I had ordered and paid for, and I would return the first one. I also said that as far as I was concerned, a gen part should come in gen packaging. :angry:

I quickly received a very defensive email stating that they are a reputable company that is not in the habit of supplying the cheap parts in place of genuine. The explanation I was given regarding the packaging was that they are currently experiencing quality issue with genuine parts, and were therefore opening packets to check them before despatch. I have to say I am struggling with this concept somewhat!

I am currently waiting for an unopened genuine part to arrive. I'll keep you posted.

My replacement speedo pinion arrived in the post today, complete with un-opened genuine parts box :D

The difference in appearance/quality was immediately obvious, as was the presence of rust proof wrapping paper. There is no way the first item was a genuine part.

I'm glad I now have the part I ordered. Was the first delivery was a mistake or not ????

[ Was the first delivery was a mistake or not ????

I ordered, and paid for, a genuine (Lucas) steering column lock from them. I received a pattern part so I phoned them and managed to speak to this Dominic character, who told me that they were out of stock of the Lucas part and sent the pattern part instead and that he had tried to contact me (they had my mobile number and email address) to let me know, but failed.

Despite sending a cheaper pattern part, they did not refund the difference to my card.

I sent the item back and got a full refund.

Having read the posts here, I would have to question the honesty and integrity of LR Series.

Jon.

It's such a shame that they are willing to allow such poor customer service. Their website is a very good basis for a successful business, giving the options to buy different grades of product, and the pictures etc ...

...but you only need let a few people down and soon everyone knows about it. I hope they sort themselves out, but for now, I'm afraid I'll be shopping elsewhere :(