Bedouin Tent Headlining on an Classic LSE

JourneyMan

• 2 years later...

Good evening everyone , the input on headlining rejuvination looks pretty complete , BUT HOW does the lining come out ,mine is from a Dicovery 1 5 dr with no sun roof/s. I am about to e-mail the company Woolies about their products ,your input `please` and theirs should do the trick .

coachman

Good evening everyone , the input on headlining rejuvination looks pretty complete , BUT HOW does the lining come out ,mine is from a Dicovery 1 5 dr with no sun roof/s. I am about to e-mail the company Woolies about their products ,your input `please` and theirs should do the trick .

coachman

If it's like mine on the RRC, remove the sunvisors and centre fixing, removed any grab handles over the doors, and look for any trim studs to prise out. (You won't have to remove the rear speakers on a disco.) If you have any roof courtesy lights they will need to be removed too. It should then just pull down, and you can manouvre it out. Just go around making sure you haven't missed anything if it doesn't want to budge.

If it's like mine on the RRC, remove the sunvisors and centre fixing, removed any grab handles over the doors, and look for any trim studs to prise out. (You won't have to remove the rear speakers on a disco.) If you have any roof courtesy lights they will need to be removed too. It should then just pull down, and you can manouvre it out. Just go around making sure you haven't missed anything if it doesn't want to budge.

Any issues with the central locking sensors next to rear view mirror when doing this? Next job after boot floor :wacko:

Any issues with the central locking sensors next to rear view mirror when doing this? Next job after boot floor :wacko:

There is a little connector plug that you can unplug once the headlining is down enough to see it, if you have map reading lights on your rear view mirror there is a multi plug for that too. Once you have the headlining out, the alarm sensor is held in to its hole in the headlining by two metal springs/clips that you will see from above.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a soft dash, which has a single piece lining. I didn't want to replace it with a two-piece lining, so had Nationwide recover the original backing. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good. The fabric is different from the original, though the colour is the same. The original fabric is no longer available, they say, and the new fabric supposedly glues better and is easier to clean. It looks pretty smart, even if the texture is non-original.

I have a soft dash, which has a single piece lining. I didn't want to replace it with a two-piece lining, so had Nationwide recover the original backing. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good. The fabric is different from the original, though the colour is the same. The original fabric is no longer available, they say, and the new fabric supposedly glues better and is easier to clean. It looks pretty smart, even if the texture is non-original.

Was that cheaper than buying their fibreglass covered version? Done by courier?

I can't remeber the cost. It wasn't cheap - £180 rings a bell. I didn't use a courier; I drove the vehicle there for them to remove and refit the lining, which of course would have been factored into their bill. I'll take some photos tomorrow - the light is too poor now.

Here are two photos. What appear like grey marks aren't there - I think they are a trick of the light on some slightly uneven spots or other illusion. There as slight uneven spots which are due to previous damage of the backing (where it had creased, like just behind the speaker in the second photo) and maybe one or two slight lumps where the foam from the old fabric wasn't perfectly removed, but in the flesh, it's a smart job.