Lre Forum Closed - And Look....

I've emailed Mr Green at least five times since closure of the LRE Forum was imminent, using the email addresss richard.green@landroverenthusiast.com - never got a single reply, despite reminding him he was a tosser after he failed to reply to the first four.

Strangely, if you look at the email addresses on the LRE website, only Mr Teflon has his personal address - the rest are all a shared address.

However, I think that there is a live address at james.taylor@landroverenthusiast.com.........so I think you should try and excite the monkey as well as the organ grinder.....he is supposed to have editorial control after all and therefore our interests as Land Rover geeks at heart.

Neil

Hello all,

Some of you may recall (on the Dark Side) I Knocked the Latest LRE "Yellow Pages" with an e-mail to James Taylor, explaining how the 'Yellow Pages' are actaully free, yet I had to pay for an inferior version called 'LRE'. :D

I did in fairness get a reply. :o and he even asked for an article on the 90...........

I e-mailed him back, ...the thrux was :

why not use the forum,???

Loads of articles

and the memebers would prob be very happy to "Give" to the mag.

the mag could / would have real intersting articles

Less ads

Less .. :

"we bolt on our latest freebie - 5 pages and photos - and its still junk really but at least its not an advert"

then the forum closed...

so I then sent this,

I can confirm that the e-mail address above for James Taylor is 101% corect as I have been in correspondence - until I sent this -

now a deathly quiet has kicked in - but it IS a valid e-mail address :lol: ...............

Dear James,

I see your 'Resident Pratt' - Mr Green has seen fit to close the LRE forum.

Well woopeedoooo, and congratulations, he is without doubt a certifiable retard,

it would seem that 'care in the community' doesn't always work does it ??.

My e-mail to you re the LRE Forum would / could have been a life blood and source of technical data and

articles 'for free' for years to come, .....moving LRE to a magazine of real

content not just adverts and 4 pages of "we bolt on the latest goodie FOC to

us and make you want to have one too, except its just padding" type of

magazine"..........to something actually worth buying................

and a cut above the norm,

and you 'aint even close at the mo....

When you see your circulation falling, and wonder (with all the 'management' and the dribbling fool RG

present) as to why, ....

remember me ....

and this e-mail,......

maybe print it off and keep it, ....................

as I will make a bet that at the moment LRE is on a self destruct

route....

and doing really well, ..............unlike the quality and content of 'Land Rover Excuse'

What a complete waste of a opportunity.

Forget any article from me, by the way...

I would rather shove my Private parts through a mangle singing "Oh Danny Boy" whilst standing on one leg (another hobby of mine) .........than fill the pockets of Mr "I am a F Retard" Green

Think what you like about me, as frankly I D G A F.............

But then what do I know, against such worthy printers of a magazibe with a heady 17,000 circulation (ooooh 17,000 ?)

Nothjing really, I only have 25 years of experience in 4x4ing, from comp safaris, fabrication

and building specials, RTVs, Mods,and supermods, now tinkering with a challenge truck, oh I'm also Chief Recovery Marshal for the AWDC), but what do I know against such as guru as Mr Grren, as Legend in his own luchtime,k and a magazibne that values Mudlaps as a 4 page article,

I am not worthy

But ...when you see or speak to Mr R Green please send him my comments- in full - and without softening -as a businessman and as an owner of a 4x4 mag that "Languishes" he is, and

will always remain a laughing stock in the 4x4 enthusiast realm, and frankly

a complete Pratt for his close-mindedness and lack of foresight, which he should be admired for achiving to such a high standard -

shame he can't replicate it in Magazine form

Whilst I can wash my hands and say openly "what a F Pratt" the problem as I see it is you have to work for this cretin, ...lucky me....unlucky you and you team

Regards

Nigel Barker

Ps I am not expecting nor interested in a reply

I wouldn't get too worked up chaps. I've just strayed into the LRC forum and am left feeling that if LRE chooses to endorse a website that is so obviously lacking in the technical expertise, the wide breadth of experience and the camaraderie available here - in preference to the rich home-grown resource they had at their fingertips - then they are endangering any modicum of "enthusiast" credibility that they have remaining. Despite being mindless, I can still spot where the worthwhile content is and there's already more on here after only a couple of weeks.

It's a real shame to see such a major contributor to the LR movement as JT being implicated in this petty mess. It would be nice to see him move on...

Cheers

Luke

• 1 month later...
It's a real shame to see such a major contributor to the LR movement as JT being implicated in this petty mess. It would be nice to see him move on...

I never really thought about the genuine people that work for LRE magazine. I've met JT and he is without doubt a very clever bloke. His books are what every enthusiast should read, and it is a shame that he's implicated with a magazine that seems to have no interest in Land Rover Enthusiasts. I know this is an old topic, but the magazine is just as rubbish as ever.

Les.

" it is a shame that JT is implicated in a magazine that seems to have no interest in Land Rover Enthusiasts."

Les.

I agree with Les - all of us who read these forums are fascinated by what our vehicles do do - or could do - but JT is a driven man....he has lived and breathed Land Rover for almost as long as he has been on the planet and deserves our respect for the amazing amount of light he has shone on every twist of Land Rover's history and his commitment to archiving the minutiae of each model's development..

Unfortunately those of us who have worked in the magazine industry know that sentiment doesn't count very much and being an editor of a magazine today means dancing to the publisher's [read the advertisers'] tune. In an over-crowded market that means walking a bloody unpleasant tightrope and, frankly, JT is too decent a bloke for the post.

Don't blame the monkey for the ills of the organ grinder.

Neil