tumble weed

just snapped the cam belt so thinking about doing something about it,

i have already kicked it...............

but that didn't owrk either, prob something to do with having two flats as welL!

just fitted new hinges to the new doors on the 110 and made the doors fit properly. Unlike the clowns who fittted it the last time on the insurance job.

Muddyplugger - you in a club of some sort in Durham?

Jas

No mate, well yes (NE4x4) but have a brother in law (Onions, on this forum) who has a Land Rover, and have both parents and in-laws with Landys so I suppose its a family thing!! If you need anything regards lanes etc give me a shout! :D (The last lane, pictured is in Eggleston, when me and Onions went out checking some lanes we'd never driven, got a bit lost in the Stang forest!!!, but bagged two new ones) :P

Anth.

Just had four new pistons fitted (thank you Les Henson) and am gently running them in. Now need timing re-adjusted.

Trying to stop the 'clunk' in the transmission - probably the gearbox we now think but have dismantled and re-assembled the rear differential and tightened any play up.

New starter motor solenoid fitted.

I need to fix my doors too...

dismantled and re-assembled the rear differential and tightened any play up.

Did you do this on a Salisbury diff? Didn't know that that was possible. How easy a job is it? Mine's got a fair bit of play and is pretty clunky.

Did you do this on a Salisbury diff? Didn't know that that was possible. How easy a job is it? Mine's got a fair bit of play and is pretty clunky.

Right then first I don't have a Salisbury differential on my 90.

Second, sorry it wasn't a complete disassembly of the differential but I removed it from the rear axle:

1 undid rear prop

2 removed drive shafts

3 undid 10x diff case bolts

4 removed diff (HEAVY)

- but then did not dismantle the diff beyond that point- only tightened the bearing adjusters to reduce the backlash between the pinion and the crown wheel. This itself was not too tricky, just tighten one side X-amount while slackening the other side equal amount to take up slack.

Third: I don't really know what I am doing, I just follow orders from Les Henson and undo the bolts I am told to!

cheers

M :D