Tuff Trophy Aftermath

D3DPE

What a weekend! Great event, Great site. Well Done to Paul and Lucy and everyone else involved in organising the event!

Well done to Steve and Mark! :P and Nick and Kev :) and everyone else who enjoyed the Welsh weather!

Dan

It was indeed a cracking weekend, Even a bit of Welsh summer weather on Sunday didn't stop the action, if anything it made it much more interesting :lol: It was nice to see so many very prepped motors being driven so well.

A few of the 200 pics i took of the two days and night of the event, shout if you want more.

P1010184.jpg

P1010188.jpg

P1010195.jpg

P1010203.jpg

P1010205.jpg

P1010211.jpg

P1010223.jpg

P1010231.jpg

P1010236.jpg

P1010245.jpg

P1010246.jpg

P1010254.jpg

P1010261.jpg

P1010263.jpg

P1010269.jpg

P1010278.jpg

P1010290.jpg

P1010294.jpg

P1010300.jpg

P1010315.jpg

P1010335.jpg

P1010347.jpg

P1010349.jpg

P1010351.jpg

P1010354.jpg

P1010357.jpg

P1010373.jpg

P1010376.jpg

You even named the picture Dan! ok so it had a tummble in the water, and took a big drink of it and didnt want to start afterwards! :blink:

Dan

Hi, great pics there :), any more of us by any chance?

car is R5 MUD.

Thanks

A truly excellent event and very well run. The atmosphere throughout was great and really friendly and a special thanks must go to the cooks who were up at 6.30 prpeparing breakfast each morning. :) The hot showers were also very very gratefully appreciated. BUT what about the mud? I don't think I have ever been that dirty in all my life and me a farmer and long term caver!!!! I think it was a good preparation for Malaysia if we can make it later in the year. :lol: :lol: There were also plenty of flies there but thankfully no leaches!

All in all the truck performed brilliantly with the new engine and autobox and the only breakages were one rear winch rope and both headlamps (though thankfully after the night stage.......... although they proved pretty useless there anyway and I had to get out and clean them halfway round the special stage!). Despite some pretty deep water in places the MS'ed V8 never missed a beat and it definately came into its own on the short climbs on special stages and for spinning the wheels to clear the treads of clag. I don't reckon Steve will be posting for a while since he was aboutm finished last night after spending all last week till late o'clock getting the truck mostly finished for the event. A few little jobs to sort out still before the Interclub but nothing too serious.

So once again a great big thanks to the Challenger team for laying on the event and hope to be there next year to defend the trophy.

Mark

fantastic event as usual, many thanks to the Challenger 4x4 crew for looking after us all so well, some very competative action for a clubman event but was good to see a few of the big boys playing out and learn some new tricks from them, as for damage most things on the truck are now broken, the old boilers going to be in dock for a while now but I am sure she will live to see another event. Once again many thanks to Paul, Lucy and the team for puting together another extra special event.

Well done boys, excellent result, looks like it was fun and good to see the new truck performing so well. Excellent result for Kev and look how well Dan does when Wills not there!!