battenburg vehicle markings

pinny

i know its off topic but i would like some views im looking to buy a x police vehicle namely a focus estate dog van there has been a few turn up on ebay my question is these still have the full batenburg trim blue/yellow squares all thay do is remove the police wording and light bar what are your views comments on legeality of the battenburg markings

nice one western i rang our traffic police here and thay couldnt give a direct answer ooh well if i get one it looks like the hairdryer but ill prob leave the stripes on the rear thanks for the link chris

It's not as simple as it sounds to remove. Unlike normal vinyl when you peel off the reflective you leave ALL the adhesive behind - which doesn't respond well to a warm airgun, adhesive remover, thinners or nail polish remover. We have an ex-Ambulance and it took three days just to remove the words EMERGENCY PARAMEDIC from one side. The battenburgs are staying!!!

It's not as simple as it sounds to remove. Unlike normal vinyl when you peel off the reflective you leave ALL the adhesive behind - which doesn't respond well to a warm airgun, adhesive remover, thinners or nail polish remover. We have an ex-Ambulance and it took three days just to remove the words EMERGENCY PARAMEDIC from one side. The battenburgs are staying!!!

i can see what your saying i have red diamond grade on the rear of my disco and to remove is like you describe comes off in 2 stages sticks like poop on a blanket im not sure if its diamond grade on the battenburg,chris.

I'm just going through the same thing, trying to remove all the lettering and reflective stickers from an ambulance - it's a grievous task.

Some of the vinyl letters came off ok when warm, but the majority and main batenbourg stripes use a really heavy rubberised glue which does not want to come off. At all.

I've tried diesel, petrol, WD40, hot water, hot air, nail polish remover, acetone, evostick adhesive remover - none work. The only way i've found is to heat the area, then roll the glue of with my fingers. painstaking and painful, but seems the only way. The evostick adhesive remover works for removing any remaining light residue (£2.50 from B&Q)

:(