The Halfords Trade Card Thread ?

Halfords seem to be taking a fair bit of my money at the moment!! I needed to get a new battery for the S1, NSP £66.99 with a 4 year warranty. Trade card price £44.89 a 33% discount is seems a fair deal to me.

Jason.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I just wrote a letter from my employer stating that I although I am not a qualified mechanic working for a garage I am a fitter who has responsibility for the legality of a fleet of vehicles. It's not untrue as although I don't service or repair them I do buy bulbs, batteries, fuses, wipers, screen wash, deicer, car washing supplies etc for all the 12v stuff. The guy I got and the manager only gave it a glance, I think they're happy for you to have one as they know your probably just going to go to their store rather than phoning around. Plus they're open evenings & weekends so I can call in when I'm in town rather than having to make a special trip as I can't send someone else with my card.

• 1 year later...

So have used my card a few times of late,

Battery for my partners car with should have been £85.00 cost £42.46

Replacement 17mm long socket £6.49 cost £3.89

Replacement 19mm combi spanner £7.99 cost £4.79

Rather nice 25 piece combi spanner set 6mm to 32mm in a tray £74.99 cost £39.99.

Jason

Nuts, I bought that spanner set last year and it was £48 on trade :(

Got a bosch battery for our van for a tenner cheaper than anywhere online, they had it in stock so I could pick up straight away, no postage to pay and if I ever need to claim on the warranty I don't have to post it back and wait ages for them to decide what they're doing with it. Well done Halfords :)

Halfords is a funny old place,

"No sir, err we dont do wipers for a massey ferguson, and we dont do the adaptor fit this stereo to that model.

by the way.... What exactly is a massey ferguson?"

they did the adaptor!

and i managed to get a free headlight bulb fitting for my chevrolet laccetti.

wish i hadnt!!!

take a guess on the time it took the poor lad and the mishap that almost occured..

in all seriousness though, the discount for their tools and consumables is great and the quality of their tools are extremely good especially for what you pay. not many 1/4" drive ratchets can actually take a 11 stone lad and a 3ft scaffold pipe... yes i was prepared to break the ratchet and/or socket in order to get that job done it was an absolute nightmare! i normally look after my tools extremely well. but it never broke and is still in perfect condition 2 years later.