Ceramic clutch

dollythelw

can anyone think of a supplier for a ceramic bladed or super heavy duty diesel clutch??

I hate rolling cars over in the middle of nowhere to change a fried one so if anyones got any leads on supplier it would be seriously appreciated B)

Also looking for anyone that can supply 4 or 5 metre lengths of coolant piping

Cheers

Jez

can anyone think of a supplier for a ceramic bladed or super heavy duty diesel clutch??

I hate rolling cars over in the middle of nowhere to change a fried one so if anyones got any leads on supplier it would be seriously appreciated B)

Also looking for anyone that can supply 4 or 5 metre lengths of coolant piping

Cheers

Jez

Helix autosport for the clutch.

Bonden hose and reline in thurmaston, leicestershire for the hose.

Hi Jez,

Got mine and Jon Whites and others from :

O.R.C.A

Orca House, Petersfield Rd, Whitehill, Bordon, Hampshire GU35 9AR

Tel: 01420 477613 Classification: Brake & Clutch Manufacturers & Suppliers

6 pad ceramic plate around £100, they use the old centre and then built it up, used a Borg Warner cover, and machined a solid release bearing housing to replace the plastic bit that then melted as the weak point moved !

Nige

Another vote for Helix

I was destroying McLoed 10.5" clutches behind my 383 Chevy until I went to them. I visited their factory as they are only down the road. The owner showed me round a we speced up a new plate. Proper British Engineers who still wear brown coats in the workshop, and it was ready the next day!

Price wise, after a small discount for displaying a sticker, it was close to the Real Steel price for a McLoed item. However I've done 10 races on the Helix item with no wear and the Mcloed ones were detonating or breaking springs after two races.

Yep - ORCA in whitehill - about 400 yards from my house to boot!! Very good service and I've had no further clutch troubles since fitting mine!

They'll custom make whatever you want, and they do alot of stuff for tractors, HGV's etc, but as soon as you wander in and mention the word Land Rover the guys eyes light up! Turns out they've done quite a few for the racing boys over the years!

Jon

Another vote for Helix

Another Vote for Helix

What box to what engine

I may be able to get you a helix clutch as they sponsor the pug team I race with.

I had to take the helix clutch that did the Dakar out of my car which after 6000 competitive miles still looked like new.

It was too good

With my driving style I was munching the gear box's each round.

but a Freelander spin all four wheels in first second and third gear was fun to drive but thirsty on parts so I went back to standard parts.

Thanks for the help guys, thats the clutch sorted, now for the coolant piping, I'll give Bonden a bell, I know theres another mob in Lincoln and Gates do a spiral helix but its getting it in long enough runs..

Anyone got a brake master cylinder of a Jag? later type apparently was hydro boost with a nitrogen sphere, shipping one in from the US is being a pain big time <_<

• 2 years later...