IVA question

dees

:lol: @ Mo!!

I really don't think kit car builders leave off 'little things' like passenger carrying seats and their associated seat belts and mountings.

Put it this way....... If your V5 says that you have 3 seats (or 2 and a cubby box), then you fit some more and go trotting off down the road and have an accident with 4 people in the car........

I know what I'd want to do to that person if (God forbid) they hit me!!!

Put it this way....... If your V5 says that you have 3 seats (or 2 and a cubby box), then you fit some more and go trotting off down the road and have an accident with 4 people in the car........

I know what I'd want to do to that person if (God forbid) they hit me!!!

I was more thinking of having it tested as say a 2 seat vehicle, then putting more in the back, and informing DVLA in order to get the V5 changed to be correct. I mean, you could do that to a hard top 90 for instance, put 2 bench seats in the back and hey presto you've gone from 3 seats to 7. I'm just not sure whether they would insist on an IVA retest. Another thing to put on the list of things to ask the chaps at VOSA!

I was more thinking of having it tested as say a 2 seat vehicle, then putting more in the back, and informing DVLA in order to get the V5 changed to be correct. I mean, you could do that to a hard top 90 for instance, put 2 bench seats in the back and hey presto you've gone from 3 seats to 7. I'm just not sure whether they would insist on an IVA retest. Another thing to put on the list of things to ask the chaps at VOSA!

From what I have read in this forum, a Land Rover will not pass a passenger vehicle test as it is too old a design for the interior/exterior. This is why you would test it as a commercial, so changing back to a passenger vehicle would be a problem. IIRC passenger vehicles have a different tax class so the DVLA would be interested in back revenue? Remember the issues about king cabs this is why there weren't any in the UK (this may not be a problem now as I think that a TAX law change took away that issue after a long argument). Old age means I remember the issues but not necessarily the resolution :blink:

Hope this is useful.

Marc.

• 1 year later...

From what I have read in this forum, a Land Rover will not pass a passenger vehicle test as it is too old a design for the interior/exterior. This is why you would test it as a commercial, so changing back to a passenger vehicle would be a problem. IIRC passenger vehicles have a different tax class so the DVLA would be interested in back revenue? Remember the issues about king cabs this is why there weren't any in the UK (this may not be a problem now as I think that a TAX law change took away that issue after a long argument). Old age means I remember the issues but not necessarily the resolution :blink:

Hope this is useful.

Marc.

is this true? im looking at building a 100" hardback but would like to forward facing seats in the back is this not possible if it needs to be tested as a commercial? sorry for bringing up a old tread but want to make sure it will pass before spending ££££s on it

thanks for any advice :unsure:

Ask DVLA/VOSA, not an internet forum!

BUT, I know this.... if you are modifying a production vehicle, and say the front of the vehicle, or the dash is unmodified, then it is not tested, and assumed to pass. If fitting the front facing seats is not a standard fitment for the production vehicle then it will be subject to testing, at which point you need to make sure sharp edges etc will be covered properly.

If it was tested as commercial, then you added 2 more seats to the back, you need to do is inform DVLA of the modification, and they will decide what happens as far as testing/VIC/nothing goes.