New Venue Mannington 24th Jan

jules

Club Calendar

This will be a New Venue for most members as SLRC have not use this site for the best part of 5-6 years but its a great site used by other clubs for trailing and RTV's so its a good technical driving site for all levels of off road driver. Its smaller than the military sites but can be more challenging in areas with some water but has a gravel terrain which can be easy in some areas but challenging in others.

A bit of something for everybody.

We will do our best to get a burger van smile.gif

See the club's calendar section for more details

laugh.giflaugh.gif

This is an attempt to keep the Bournemouth members happy as they were moaning about the distance to Bordon every other month... unsure.gif

By the way this is a Shire LRC event I forgot to say that above rolleyes.gif

Its not too far for me to go which is nice! Its a really good site, jules any chance of some punches?

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

Jules instead of punches we could a small trials area or 2, always worked well there in the past.

Could add a twist or 2, a timed section (not racing mind) or a winch assisted trial section.

Just to mix things up a little...........Any thoughts from other shire members?

Ash

Jules instead of punches we could a small trials area or 2, always worked well there in the past.

Could add a twist or 2, a timed section (not racing mind) or a winch assisted trial section.

Ash

Thats not a bad idea!

Would make a change from punches.

:)

Ash

I'm only spectating, but thats a great idea :D (never watched a trial or any form of comp before. Other than on Youtube)

Ash

Ash if you don't mind but we don't have any canes if you get some I'm sure I can sweet talk H smile.gif I do has some flags from years ago..

Also

Just a quick one there are two speed camera's on the way in and one on the way out so please watch your speed also there is a gate which members will need to open and close behind them on the entrance off the main road.

thanks

Julian

Ok Chaps looks like a trial section or 2 then, PLEASE NOTE

This is not a competition.

Jules i will try and check to see whats in the shire shed, Also what time are the keys being picked up.

Ta Ash

Ps. Happy new year to you Steve.

If anyone sees a 6' bloke wearing shorts and a flying spanners hoodie, come over say hi!!

I'l probably be wondering around with my camera as I have no seat/wheels!

You really are a brave person wearing shorts, but if you see a green disco with blue front doors gimme a wave, i will be more than willing to transport you around the site for photographic purposes

Thanks to all who attended it was a great success did anyone get any photo's of me getting stuck any of the several occasions would be great or even the two hours of solid winching it took to get back to the track from the middle of the woods would also be good.laugh.gif

post-312-126435726652_thumb.jpg

post-312-126435728871_thumb.jpg

post-312-126435730715_thumb.jpg

post-312-126435734101_thumb.jpg

post-312-126435735581_thumb.jpg

post-312-126435736924_thumb.jpg

post-312-126435738592_thumb.jpg

post-312-126435740398_thumb.jpg

Thanks to all who attended it was a great success did anyone get any photo's of me getting stuck any of the several occasions would be great.laugh.gif

Not stuck, but I enjoyed this demonstration of the proper technique for crossing deep ruts :P

post-3815-126436326891_thumb.jpg