New Venue Mannington 24th Jan

jules

I would just like to add my thanks to the Marshalls for a great day out. Also I would like to say a big thank you to the Marshalls who helped me out of the bog right at the end of the day,

that's the last time I listen to jcwcooper :-)

dan

I would just like to add my thanks to the Marshalls for a great day out. Also I would like to say a big thank you to the Marshalls who helped me out of the bog right at the end of the day,

dan

laugh.giflaugh.gif you have to admit it was funny.

That was me with the blue 110 and Dan with the camel

dan

Naaaa... carry on listening to him, that what makes it fun :)

And besides, it gave me a chance to test my winch for the first time since I rebuilt it a couple of months ago, so thanks :D

on a different note, what happened to mouse?

I heard a rumour that the bolts holding one of the portal boxes sheared off... but not confirmed yet. Hopefully one of the Belgian collective will be around soon.

Dan

A few bolts on the rear left portal box sheared. We managed to persuade it back into position with a hammer so we could get her onto the trailer, strapped it all down and drove home. Haven't looked into it any further yet, but we'll probably be replacing all the bolts just to be on the safe side (and hoping there isn't any damage to the gears).

Both cars performed very well, and the pictures and videos of Mouse climbing the waterfall bit are rather spectacular :ph34r:

Pictures are uploading to the book of faces, I'll link them when it's done (could be a while, Belgian internet connection you see).

And a little teaser:

20043_268495904662_792049662_3072586_8268325_n.jpg

EDIT:

The link to the first batch of pics

Edited by elbekko

Videos are finally uploaded to Youtube... took forever!!

I must apologise for the bad quality of some of them and the shaking as i moved around!

My Youtube account: Link

If that doesn't work, then search for the same user name as i have on here.

Just want to add... It was great to put some more names to faces, and be recognised too :). As before everyone was so friendly! New faces to me: Rich, Dan, Jen, Ash, Paul, Dave (jcwcooper)

Also want to say thanks to Paul (moose) and Julian, for the rides. But also for teaching me alot with regards to the winching etc :). Thanks to Rich for talking over the 'hill' recovery and what was wrong with it!

A big thank you from the Belgian Collective to all the marshals and volunteers as well!

We had a real good time and enjoyed the site, especially the swampy bit in the middle. ^_^

And good to see so many familiar faces, altough I must apologise as I seemed to have missed quite a few.

As Ben said, we did end up with some damage, most of the bolts holding the rear-left portal box sheared.

Luckily by that time I had just parked beside the trailer. We did make it home safe and sound.

Greetz,

Filip

Finally got my videos uploaded too, and after this I can start on the second batch of pictures. Thank god I have the one of the only unmetered internet connections in Belgium :lol:

- Time to go look for some petrol :rolleyes:

- Second go

- After this Q nicked my camera as I had to help with the winching :lol: