bought a lovely Disco today

freeagent

bought a lovely Disco today. :):D

'N' reg 300TDi manual, full proper service records, all old MOT's, just on 100,000 miles, aircon, last owners for 6 years... realy nice condition...

3 miles from home... B)

only selling because they've bought a horse transporter lorry for daughters pony, so no need for disco... the sort of people you'd hope to buy a second hand car from.... ;)

for £2200.......... :)

this sort of thing never happens to me.... :):D

Too cheap - it's stolen/crashed/rebuilt/a ringer.

Nah, seriously, well done for finding a good'un! Now, two words: cam belt.

last owners had it for 6 years, only whif of an insurance claim was due to reversing into a tree outside the school whist picking his daughter up... :rolleyes:

as for the cam belt, it'll get done, along with the pulleys and stuff as part of the pre-morocco prep... :)

didn't pull the boot carpet up but car didn't smell damp, and had a good feel of the carpets and they felt dry, gonna pull the carpets up and have a look, any hint of rot will get sorted before it becomes terminal.... <_<

didn't pull the boot carpet up but car didn't smell damp, and had a good feel of the carpets and they felt dry, gonna pull the carpets up and have a look, any hint of rot will get sorted before it becomes terminal.... <_<

My rangie is lovely and dry in the back, despite having boot floor that is perhaps composed of rather more gaffer tape than it should be...

On the other hand, my parents have a well cared for disco older than yours which has a perfectly sound floor.

Too cheap - it's stolen/crashed/rebuilt/a ringer.

Nah, seriously, well done for finding a good'un! Now, two words: cam belt.

I would second that cam belt and full service/all fluids changed was the best thing I ever did to my Disco when I bought it.

It does make you feel good when you meet nice people and you are buy off them in stead of a dealer that you don't believe or trust.

My last three discos I have bought from people like that all at 3yr old always the wife's car.

Yeh, every car I sell was the wifes car, that's why I put the V5's in her name, well that and speeding fines :lol:

This will make you laugh

All of a very large hire firms fleet of 7000 Land Rovers are registered at the owners farm cottage so when they sell them the people that buy them don't know there buying a ex hire car :lol::lol:

If you car is white/green the chance is very high that its ex hire.

my last defender was white and green, but i know where that came from , it had enjoyed a gentle life in a quarry at the hands of a geo-research company... for 100,000 miles.... :rolleyes:

the new disco is nice, the pile of bills and service history is amazing.... :)

gave it a little test run to uni this morning (dartford to southampton and back) and it drove well...

just one little niggle.. if it hits a pot hole at bewtween 60 and 70mph the steering shakes a bit, only did it 2 or 3 times in 200 miles, but still noticeable... and a little annoying...

didn't do it on the half-hour test drive :rolleyes:

i'm thinking steering damper, panhard rod bushes or swivel preload, all of which i was planning to check/ change anyway... :huh:

will be doing the cambelt and full fluid service as soon as ive finished my disertation...... ;)<_<

i take it you must have sold your green and white 110, often saw it down on the hill. Moroco?????? u lukky bugger!!!!!!!!!!. we' ll have to meet up sometime, im almost a stones throw away. my new 110 should arrive next week!! they lost the log book! typical. sounds like you got yourself a nice truck. U keeping it as a car or tricking it up!!!!

not tricking it up too much, its my only car and i don't need Simexes on a daily driver!!

the green 110 twincab you probably saw around christmas time outside was also mine (sort of, on loan) but it got nicked from outside the inlaws in Welling...